Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Dorothyolko7722
Contributor
Contributor
Then please, please tell me why they have held my money for over a year. My old account has approximately 729.00 in it,it was locked in June of 2020 shortly after my unemployment benefits weekly deposit for 934.00 hit,I was able to withdraw 200.00 from my account,but then it was locked... I have made several attempts to get my money with no luck at all.. in Jan of 2021 my phone was stolen,all my passwords changed causing me to lose access to my account.. I have called PayPal over 25 times to report the loss access to my accounts,and giving new email and phone information, being told I would be contacted through my new email and given instructions on how to transfer my funds. Yet here I am over a year later still trying to do so. My last phone conversation with PayPal was on 9\22\2021 I was told that I would receive an email at my account informing me on how to transfer my funds to myself within 48 hours.....still nothing from Paypal.. I will be filing a small claims suit.
Login to Me Too

Sotokatrina2
Contributor
Contributor

You have to call unemployment and let them know what’s going on but you also have to call PayPal over and over!! I literally called every hour and finally they listened!!! Text me if you need more info at <removed>

Login to Me Too

Gpreno1314
Contributor
Contributor
Hey I’m having the same problem
Login to Me Too

nashabapo
you are very wrong because last 2018 paypal stole my fund they say that after 180days paypal contact me how can i widraw my fund .but then after 180days when i check my paypal. my fund transfer to paypal account. i have my own proof.
Login to Me Too

roycexx
Contributor
Contributor

Dont get on here defending why paypal or anyone else would hold money that is not legally here as long as they want to. I'm preparation in suing their **bleep** as we speak. Paypal will be shutdown trust.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roycexx 

Old news, been hearing that drivel for over 15 years now.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor

so did you sue?  How did that work out for you?  I'm considering doing the same; but I'm out much less money than some people...it doesn't matter how much though, it's the principle of business and how customers are treated.  They need someone to win in court in order to prevent them from choosing scammers over customers continuously in the future.

Login to Me Too

Nikoli1803
Contributor
Contributor
These **bleep** sent a Baliff to my house for being overdrawn £5 for 25 days despite the fact they have held money of mine for 90 days and still holding it! Absolute bunch of **bleep**!! I hate this company and hope you win!
Login to Me Too

TonyMoney
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the process of filling with my state small courts sent demand letter first give them a chance to let me withdraw my funds before I suing them
Login to Me Too

temp20200422b
I need help as well
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.