Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Research shows that PayPal was sued in 2017 in a class-action lawsuit regarding the holding of funds. I’m still reading the documents and don’t know the outcome but if they still hold funds for 180 days, I’d say they won the lawsuit. Other legal firms have filed suit but I’ve not read about those yet. 

While i I don’t like the 180 day hold, I understand why they do it. They are in business to make money and not be nice 

Login to Me Too

N-boss
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has upped the ante - now they are not releasing funds after 6 months. they are transferring funds out of your account. Look at this thread. 

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/bd-p/5

Login to Me Too

linksinbio
Contributor
Contributor

This literally just happened to me, after asking PayPal if I can have more than one account, I opened my LLC and created the new PayPal account using their suggestions. 3 months later the account was banned with no reasons being given at all, no disputes or chargebacks or anything like that were ever charged, there was around $1,000 left in the account and they claimed we'd be able to access the funds after 180 days.. Not only did that put me through miserable debt trying to pay back suppliers, but they actually stole the money after the 180 days.

This was the message in my account: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation 

I have tried contacting them with no avail, they will not let me know anything without a subpoena. Can someone help me with this? I am willing to pool in with others in suing PayPal, this is unacceptable. I have done nothing against their terms or acceptable use, I'm a small business and a student and this has definitely hit me hard this year, I've had to drop out because of this one incident, not to mention the lost revenues while they held my money. 

Someone please help.

Login to Me Too

floatilla
Contributor
Contributor

email me I would like to sue with you

Login to Me Too

IslandRentals
Contributor
Contributor

http://www.**bleep**-paypal.com/resources/small_claims_court.html

I will fly to Singapore to go to the main office! My lawyer, there has already file a case with PayPal! they stole 29,900PHP from me! I have called support and they say sorry? I have provided emails with bank statements passport drivers license, SS card, Proof of address? Not good enough they say we want more..? More what? more ID? What? I have a ticket to Singapore and will fly there to sue them in Singapore court! Case Closed! Don't let these people steal your money!

Login to Me Too

bizzled
Contributor
Contributor

My account just got suspended yesterday for no reason, both my personal and business account.  I have funds available in my account, but I am unable to transfer to my bank so I could pay my rent and get food for my family.  Due to the Covid 19 virus, there is no CS working so I complained on Twitter.  The person that responded asked for my Paypal email. After I gave it to him, my account got suspended immediately.  Their reasoning was that I violated user agreement.  WHICH PART DID I VIOLATE?  That I complained about the poor customer service?  Paypal is considered a bank, so they NEED to have essential workers picking up their phone lines!  I have a large amount sitting in Paypal without collecting any interest.  I plan on filing a case against Paypal with  my state court.  I will sue them for interest for the amount of time they withheld my money.  Paypal needs to be audited and shutdown.  I bet they hold peoples money so they can collect interest.  This is a wrongful doing and is illegal.

If anyone has more information on how to get Paypal's attention, please let me know.  Thank you  

Login to Me Too

Chris4289
Contributor
Contributor
You have to go to the. bbb Better business Borough and make a complaint against them that’s what I heard I’m bout to do the same thing because I heard that once you wait 180 days they take peoples money and I’ve been waiting since January for my money I have a lot of money that they just held for no reason
Login to Me Too

PhilippMeier
Contributor
Contributor

I have waited for 180 days and now I'm eligible for withdrawing my money, but haha, I can't withdraw my money because since my account has been limited, I can neither link a bank nor a debit card.

More complicated is that even if I generally could link a bank, I still cannot because the name in my bank account is not the name in my Paypal account. I opened a Paypal account in the name of Privileged Member because that's the name on my debit card. My bank gave me a debit card in the name of Privileged Member, and as you all know, you can only link a debit card that matches the Paypal account name.

Now their telephone support is closed "due to Covid", even though restrictions in Thailand are due to be lifted next Monday. Covid is the excuse for everything, for not working. Never mind, Paypal had useless customer support already before Covid. They limited my account when I wanted to withdraw money and requested a name change because my bank account's name is Philipp <removed> and not Privileged Member.

I explained the issue many times but only received robot messages saying I should have opened an account in my real name.

Now that my account is limited and that I cannot link any bank, let alone one in my real name because the limited Paypal account name is Privileged Member, Papyal will probably keep MY money FOREVER. 

Any advice anybody? "I'm eligible for withdrawal" but can't link a bank account because the account is limited. What a farce, what a hypocrisy, what a fake company. No telephone support due to covid, no customer support via email other than robot messages. No people in the world should do business with such a company. They clearly are able to steal your money. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PhilippMeier 

So you open a legal financial paypal account with a fake name and then accuse paypal of being a fake company.

Its unlikely you will be able to withdraw those funds as they belong to the person who's legal name is Mr Privileged Member and who can prove that it is his legal name by supplying legal documents to that effect to prove it. 

Unless your passport or birth certificate is in the name of Mr Privileged Member then the paypal account does not belong to you but to that person.

You can't have funds that are in an account that is not in your name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PhilippMeier
Contributor
Contributor

That was sure that some maverick had to show up and start to debate about some **bleep**.

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that one of Paypal's requirements is to link a debit card that has the same name on it as the Paypal account, right? At the time I opened the Paypal account, I only had one debit card. So unfortunately there was no kernowlass around who could tell me of the potential risk or give me a card with my personal name on it. My bank gave me a debit card with the name of Privileged Member. Fact. End of story.

I didn't have another one and my previous website provider didn't let me pay via debit card, I had to open a bloody Paypal account and link the debit card. 

So, how could I have solved this issue? No choice dumbass!

Anyway, which imbecile in the world thinks Privileged Member is a human being? Only Paypal and you! Ridiculous! I didn't open a fake account, I had no choice other than to open it in that name because Paypal is damn stubborn; they don't take this particular possibility into account.

Feel free to continue to debate here, I have better things to do and was actually looking for help. I thought this is a community for Paypal users not for pro Paypal clowns people. Or are you working for them? Either way, I'm off. P.S. I will find a way to get my money back. 😉 Ciao! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.