cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suing PayPal in small court

Contributor

Suing PayPal in small court

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

34 REPLIES 34
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Suing PayPal in small court

@rashid93

1. Paypal does not have to do business with you if they don't want to. Just as a shop does not have to serve you in the town.

2. Paypals user agreement INCLUDING the 180 days hold has been legally approved regulatory bodies in the U.S.

3. You agreed to that paypal agreement when you opened your account.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

You are correct, they do not have to do business with me if they don’t want to but they can’t hold money even if approved by agreement. Their agreement is not binding in court and just do a little research and you would see yourself. I will file the claim in small court on Monday and see what happen from there. I will update. Many people did this before and won because they have the right to see a judge no matter what agreement they sign. The law will judge if it is shady practice or not so we will have to wait and see what the judge will say on that.
Esteemed Advisor

@rashid93

You are wrong, they lost in court because they held funds OVER the 180 days period.

They are allowed to hold funds for 180 days as buyers can open disputes up to 180 days and they need the funds to refund them if that happens.

New Community Member

@kernowlass you are wrong,  you obviously haven't done any research online, I have seen countless forums in which people were able to successfully get their money back before the 180-day period by suing Paypal.  In the majority of cases, I read Paypal tried to settle before by accepting restoring them money, but in some cases such as one in Italy and another in GB, Paypal fought back and lost. So don't spread misinformation. 

The success rate seems to be much higher in Europe than in the USA.

Your argument is also flawed, the 180-day money back argument is a random rule they invented, and they even apply it to personal accounts who NEVER had a single dispute or chargeback. I have seen so many cases of this practice that at this point I'm 100% convinced that they do it as a normal business practice to profit from the interest of this 180-day period. 

In almost all cases I read, Paypal never explains the reason for the holding of the funds, which is another reason the should be sued, because a company (regardless of their random policy that they make you accept) should not be legally allowed under any jurisdiction to freeze money for that period without giving a proper explanation to the customer. 

I would encourage anyone to research and go ahead to sue them, report them to the business bureau, and get your money before 180 days. 

Tags (2)
Contributor

What nonsense r u talking abt? If you sell millions of $$$ and all goes on hold for six months? R u kidding? It could happened exactly the other way around when a buyer is a fraud. What protection do they hv for you as a seller? I assume you are right. Why they do not hv clear policy that busiesses will not get paid utill the product is in the hand of a buyer? You know why? Then no one will use PayPal at all execpt the buyer and what the buyer will get if there is no seller? Here is my thought and experience. PayPal system has a software coding that constantly monitoring your acct balance over $300 remains for more than a week, item that was sold for $200 or more, if u r receiving payment from pakistan, middle eastern country, any muslim names from England and other parts of the world, most unfortunately if you're using paypal and you r muslim seller, of course if u r selling any illegal items and many other criteria. Sometimes many agency works with them just to varify the vendors are not selling any fake items. Bottom line is keeping the funds sitting in their accounts for more than 5 days will cause you trouble. Once u r in thr monitoring system, they'll use any excuse to hold your fund. They will ask for receipt, they may ask you to send your item first and lot more other things. As i said they only go after certain criteria not just to protect the buyer but it is also a legitimate reason to beleive that if they can hold each account with $3000 and lets say only abt 1000 businesses for 6 months, can you do the math how much of interest they can earn in six months? It is also true even after submitting all legitimate documents they still hv no responsibility of releasing the acct, meaning, You hv responsibilty of doing your business right, but they can go without any responsibility. This is exactly what I told the last supervisor and even after her failure to answer my question I requested to talk to her manager who she reports to. She refused to connect me to her boss, even they claimed they hv not received any documents. Now, if you hv not experienced what their illegitimate business practices plz do not confuse other folks who hv experienced their atrocities. You can't send any documents from your email so you may hv proof of sending unless u hv taken a screen shot of their system which I regret i did not. So uploaded the documents again after several days, and several days has passed, now they are saying it is under review and it will be taken care of by the order it was received. We are doing our business and they are responsible of handling our business money, but it is quite irresponsible when you are given a blank face of their illegitimate practices.
Contributor

Dont get on here defending why paypal or anyone else would hold money that is not legally here as long as they want to. I'm preparation in suing their **bleep** as we speak. Paypal will be shutdown trust.

Esteemed Advisor

@roycexx 

Old news, been hearing that drivel for over 15 years now.

Contributor

I am in the process of filling with my state small courts sent demand letter first give them a chance to let me withdraw my funds before I suing them

No kidding they don't have to do business then they simply reject you not keep your money smarty pants