Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

lyshia41
PERFECTLY SAID
Login to Me Too

TomAlley
Contributor
Contributor

Yes paypal never explains the real reason of holding funds, but its obvious that Paypal is freezing account holders money, access the funds to invest on somewhere else,  like a 180-day loan, interest free.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomAlley 

What would be the point of that? Paypal make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.
They are trying to encourage folks to OPEN Paypal accounts. If they want to ban everyone they would go out of business.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stealdadeals
Contributor
Contributor
What nonsense r u talking abt? If you sell millions of $$$ and all goes on hold for six months? R u kidding? It could happened exactly the other way around when a buyer is a fraud. What protection do they hv for you as a seller? I assume you are right. Why they do not hv clear policy that busiesses will not get paid utill the product is in the hand of a buyer? You know why? Then no one will use PayPal at all execpt the buyer and what the buyer will get if there is no seller? Here is my thought and experience. PayPal system has a software coding that constantly monitoring your acct balance over $300 remains for more than a week, item that was sold for $200 or more, if u r receiving payment from pakistan, middle eastern country, any muslim names from England and other parts of the world, most unfortunately if you're using paypal and you r muslim seller, of course if u r selling any illegal items and many other criteria. Sometimes many agency works with them just to varify the vendors are not selling any fake items. Bottom line is keeping the funds sitting in their accounts for more than 5 days will cause you trouble. Once u r in thr monitoring system, they'll use any excuse to hold your fund. They will ask for receipt, they may ask you to send your item first and lot more other things. As i said they only go after certain criteria not just to protect the buyer but it is also a legitimate reason to beleive that if they can hold each account with $3000 and lets say only abt 1000 businesses for 6 months, can you do the math how much of interest they can earn in six months? It is also true even after submitting all legitimate documents they still hv no responsibility of releasing the acct, meaning, You hv responsibilty of doing your business right, but they can go without any responsibility. This is exactly what I told the last supervisor and even after her failure to answer my question I requested to talk to her manager who she reports to. She refused to connect me to her boss, even they claimed they hv not received any documents. Now, if you hv not experienced what their illegitimate business practices plz do not confuse other folks who hv experienced their atrocities. You can't send any documents from your email so you may hv proof of sending unless u hv taken a screen shot of their system which I regret i did not. So uploaded the documents again after several days, and several days has passed, now they are saying it is under review and it will be taken care of by the order it was received. We are doing our business and they are responsible of handling our business money, but it is quite irresponsible when you are given a blank face of their illegitimate practices.
Login to Me Too

ukfan4sure
Contributor
Contributor

Dude, your use of English grammar is horrible.  Reading your tirade gave me a headache.

Login to Me Too

weaselworksco
Contributor
Contributor
Wait, that was supposed to be English?
Login to Me Too

Rstment

@ukfan4sure Hey no1 asked.It's perfectly readable if u have even a shred of a brain to fill in the blanks as u read along.

Login to Me Too

aymankay
I have been in a situation by ebay last week where they banned me and for not uploading tracking numbers which I was relying on DHL to text all customers and this has effected me badly. Since ebay decided to message all customers they now had open a free market to take my items and get a refund with it - there is like no one to stop them or even say “hey” maybe we should get in touch with this seller and try to listen to what he's got to say. However, today Paypal has shut my account for 180 days, I mean people are already struggling with their money and now this.. There is not one order according to the tracking numbers which was not delivered and yet ebay is refund and paypal is saying yeh here take more money of this seller, its not ours so rob him more!!! When I tired calling ebay they blamed paypal, and paypal in their soft voice blames ebay when they have been getting thrown out of ebay when management payments are offered to all customers!
Login to Me Too

lyshia41
If u have a PAY PAL BALANCE AND CANT TAKE IT OFF BECAUSE OF THIER SECURITY FEATURE. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HOLD YOUR FUNDS. "YOU ARE WRONG" .
Login to Me Too

koks69
Contributor
Contributor

Bo you work for paypal? Because as I see how you reply like a bot with no brain , and not only here but on all questions , more and more people get banned on paypal for no reason and after 170 days paypla steal there money saying you violated user agreement policy , no tell how can someone violated user agreement policy if there account is already suspended for the last 170 days

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.