Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

QuinonesMelissa
Contributor
Contributor
Did the BBB get back k to you?
Login to Me Too

THE-HUMAN-UNIT
Contributor
Contributor
We are in arbitration
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

I do not believe you. PayPal has created a monopoly on payments for eBay thus putting me out of business when PayPal froze my account. I have just filed a complaint about that with the FTC. In California they are regulated by the Dept. of Business Oversight with license #2077 as a money transmitter. I have just filed a complaint with them too. PayPal says they do not have to tell me why they stole my money so I am preparing my demands for a suit. Their agent for service is CT Corporation <removed> You have to send them a demand then go online to file the small claims suit (in San Francisco for me)... easy and cheap.

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

eBay is a household word and PayPal closing your account puts you out of business on  eBay. This creates a monopoly in restraint of trade. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and hope they agree with me.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I sold an item on eBay this past weekend. The buyer paid with PayPal. People still use PayPal on eBay but it isn’t advertised.
Login to Me Too

jashlord971
Contributor
Contributor

try using FairShake for suing paypal if you didnt have success. 

Login to Me Too

zarman
Contributor
Contributor

These people in the PHILIPPINE are Garbage why Pay pal is getting sued i consulted with an attorney and I told them what this PHILIPPINE OFFICE is doing and he told me he will take the case I have one card and these PIGs will not let my purchases go threw i have a business on line and the only way to pay is pay pal THESE VINDICTIVE PEACES of GARBAGE are in my account 24/7 they tell me to use another form of payment I did they blocked that to when the phones are working PAY JERK is getting a call they are holding me back from making a living for almost 18 weeks. They first said it was because of another account owned buy my wife they are assuming its mine ITS NOT. and the credit card was used in that account I DON'T THINK THE GARBAGE FROM THE PHILLIPE'S HAVE JOINT ACCOUNTS. Pay pal are IDIOTS for hiring incompetent IDIOTS to do a job they should be ashamed of themselves for not hiring all American people. They ARE VIOLATING MY CONSTITUTIONAL RITES BUY HOLDING ME BACK FROM MY BUSINESS for 18 weeks. The phones are down and we cant do anything wait JUST WAIT Im going to trie to get what i can get

Login to Me Too

British_loony
Contributor
Contributor
But surely PayPal can't hold your own money that you transferred into your own account that's just ridiculous. I received a donation of £20 pounds from twitch what goes into my PayPal account and they withheld limited my account but took there share of £1.75. for no reason they've asked me for ID my passport and other information that I don't have so basically they have my money and they will not give it back that's just ridiculous. plus they delete people's accounts and they got Sued you 2017 for doing so but yet they still carry on doing it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@British_loony 

As paypals user agreement was agreed by their regulatory body in every country that they offer their services in then unfortunately yes they can.

Just like banks they have a legal obligation to request further i.d from you if you are receiving funds via paypal.

If you provide them then your funds would be quickly released.

As for paypal getting sued for holding funds that was for funds for banned accounts for 180 days which they can still do but had to amend their user agreement a tad to fulfil the courts requirements. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

brandonnxd
New Community Member

That is unacceptable logic.  The ability to do something does not justify it, nor does an agreement that allows it justifies it.  Men are not able to say what is right or wrong but only able to observe it.  What is wrong is wrong even without an observer, and there have been many "legal" as you refer to it, however, also realize that drug dealers get busted for trying to feed families while large corporations kill millions and never answer, so explain to me what your definition of legal is when our constitution demands freedom and justice for all, not corporations.  They stole my money and hide snugly behind csr's and corporate protocol and take advantage of consumers, do not worry the time will come when there will be other's with this authority and those today will be bound under the thumb of these new authorities, and every piece of their logic will be used against them just as they use it against people who may need the money they are tying up to eat.  Do not impede on my ability to carry out my responsibilities, I do not request it but DEMAND IT.  NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU HAVE EVER GIVEN ME ANYTHING!  I work for my money and it is mine.  I am not privileged to use paypal but however paypal is privileged to be able to serve THE BEST COMMUNITY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!  Do not take this responsibility lightly, furthermore, do not fool yourself into thinking you have "earned" anything, rather you have been entrusted with our business.  DO NOT VIOLATE OUR TRUST.  I have people to pay and my account is "Being Verified" for the third time.  MY PATIENCE HAS LEFT ME.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.