cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suing PayPal in small court

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Suing PayPal in small court

O Im going to fix these IDIOTS they are holding me back from making a living for 18 weeks the philipines should drop dead Im going to start a payment processor just like pay pal and hire all American people they should be ashamed of themselves i have Verizon is a white Label company and put us in harms way wen they changed the emails to AOL and whoever at the time and they turn around and blame us well anyway Verizon Media was taken from Verizon and Verizon like jerks bought the company Its not pay pal its the OFFICE IN THE PHILIPPINES THAT ARE SCUM i dont care about the kanguage because they are altering my life.

Highlighted
Contributor

I am literally going threw the same thing i am crying ALL my money from unemployment is on there i have noway to pay my rent now I am going to lose my apartment because of this and I'm going to have my electric shut off and I can't pay my phone bill because of this literally all of my money's on there so I can't even get food and I keep getting automated messages sent back I have sent so many messages it's pathetic I get someone on the phone and they say I have to talk to limitations department and there's nobody even at the limitations Department right now so it's nobody's working at the limitations Department right now and that's the only way to solve this then they shouldn't be doing this to people's accounts right now they shouldn't do this in general that is mind-blowing I understand not letting me use my card anymore I don't care about that but let me at least withdraw my money so I can put it into a different account I am literally so Furious words can't describe my anger right now this has ruined my life right now I have a lot of things going on too right now besides this and now I have to deal with this on top of it I am so Furious I want to sue I don't know what to do to make this go faster all I am asking is for them to unlock my account so I can withdraw my cash at an ATM and I will gladly take my business elsewhere this is a personal account and this is my personal money and I just happen to have all of my money on this account when this happened
Highlighted
Contributor

@Moonbabyy1994 Report them to the BBB, your state attorney, etc. You'll get a response soon.

Highlighted
Contributor

I got a donation today for twitch what goes into my PayPal account and PayPal have limited my account because of the donation but they're happy to take their £1.75 off my donation and they won't let me have the rest so they've taken someone else's donation of their share but where's their limits they should have limited themselves of £1.75 but they didn't they're quite happy to take that and leave me with nothing I suffer with depression xit and it's ruined my day I've bitten my hand to bits out of exciti I'll try calling but no one answer it just seems like they just like taking people's money and not giving it back
Highlighted
Contributor

I am also looking into suing Paypal. If anyone would like to join this case, the bigger we make it the better. There are thousands being wronged by paypal, taking advantage of small businesses during a recession. Passing judgments and performing investigations without allowing the account owner to defend their case or providing the customer service to handle these situations. Yes, you are right paypal has a right to serve who they wish, however once that person is a client there is an obligation to, as a provider, fulfill their services after receiving payment. This company receives payment with every transaction. My legal team says it has to do with "reasonable" circumstances and after reviewing the thousands of complaints, they believe we have quite the case to prove negligence and wrong doing to consumers. 

A multi-billion dollar company without customer service that just promises to be an integral service for your business and then just pulls the rug out from under you when they so choose, causing small businesses to scramble and invest additional money to switch platforms... it's a mess and it's wrong. If you would like to join this case, contact <removed>

Highlighted
Contributor

Your email address suggests you may also be interested in trying to sell me something. I am interested in joining a class action lawsuit; however a different email created by a law firm would be safer bet for those who would like to proceed. Feel free to post again once you have that to share. Thank you.
Highlighted
Contributor

I am the owner of Grow Wellness, a small business owner that uses PayPal for business. Unless you live in Connecticut and want a massage, I have nothing to sell you lol. But if you would like my lawyers information I’m happy to give that to you
Esteemed Advisor

@sheree-nc 

@Growwellness 

I wouldn't waste your time, read the link.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Others have confirmed their lawyers won't and can't touch it unless individually you have enough money to take paypal on on your own and fund your own lawyers.

However i would suggest reading paypals legally agreed user agreement first (just as the lawyers that won't touch a lawsuit have done). 

@sheree-nc 

And before you accuse me of negativity again, I will point out the fact that i have posted the FACTS whether you or i agree with them or not.

And again i will state that i have saved more folks from being scammed TODAY than you probably ever will.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Highlighted
Contributor

The cool part is that my lawyer IS touching it only because I posted on Facebook about this situation and in ONE DAY have received 53 direct messages from other people who have suffered this exact same situation. So, they are touchable due to the fact that there’s thousands of people being wronged, that shows up in court as unreasonable conduct and invalidates any agreements. I broke NO terms of the user agreement. Not one. So we’re also looking at potential discrimination and fraud due to the inability to contact the provider. Plus what it is costing me to rectify this wrong doing, and my lawyers are confident that if the complaints keep pouring in to me, we’ll be just fine matching their legal team. Of course, all of this would be 100% unavoidable if Paypal responded to me at all today. But they haven’t. Only sending me an automated message that my account has been deleted and that they are unable to tell me why. What. A. Joke.
Highlighted
Contributor

Don't give yourself so much credit. I would say that many who have been scammed did all the right things you spoke of... making sure the site had a refund policy, return address, US location, etc. before purchasing. The fact of the matter is, most made their purchases with the thought in mind that since PayPal was an accepted payment method, that they would be protected if they didn't receive the item they purchased or received the wrong item. Paypal has done nothing to protect the consumer in these situations because they are not allowing in-person customer service or live chat in order to handle problems in a timely manner. They have witnessed hundreds, if not thousands, being scammed since at least November 2019 due to their service continually being offered on a fraudulent site and refusing to remove those accounts to prevent further scams. I believe any lawyer who has a brain can see who is in the wrong and can find a loophole in their policies just like the scammers have.