Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Growwellness
Contributor
Contributor

I am also looking into suing Paypal. If anyone would like to join this case, the bigger we make it the better. There are thousands being wronged by paypal, taking advantage of small businesses during a recession. Passing judgments and performing investigations without allowing the account owner to defend their case or providing the customer service to handle these situations. Yes, you are right paypal has a right to serve who they wish, however once that person is a client there is an obligation to, as a provider, fulfill their services after receiving payment. This company receives payment with every transaction. My legal team says it has to do with "reasonable" circumstances and after reviewing the thousands of complaints, they believe we have quite the case to prove negligence and wrong doing to consumers. 

A multi-billion dollar company without customer service that just promises to be an integral service for your business and then just pulls the rug out from under you when they so choose, causing small businesses to scramble and invest additional money to switch platforms... it's a mess and it's wrong. If you would like to join this case, contact <removed>

Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor
Your email address suggests you may also be interested in trying to sell me something. I am interested in joining a class action lawsuit; however a different email created by a law firm would be safer bet for those who would like to proceed. Feel free to post again once you have that to share. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Growwellness
Contributor
Contributor
I am the owner of Grow Wellness, a small business owner that uses PayPal for business. Unless you live in Connecticut and want a massage, I have nothing to sell you lol. But if you would like my lawyers information I’m happy to give that to you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sheree-nc 

@Growwellness 

I wouldn't waste your time, read the link.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Others have confirmed their lawyers won't and can't touch it unless individually you have enough money to take paypal on on your own and fund your own lawyers.

However i would suggest reading paypals legally agreed user agreement first (just as the lawyers that won't touch a lawsuit have done). 

@sheree-nc 

And before you accuse me of negativity again, I will point out the fact that i have posted the FACTS whether you or i agree with them or not.

And again i will state that i have saved more folks from being scammed TODAY than you probably ever will.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Growwellness
Contributor
Contributor
The cool part is that my lawyer IS touching it only because I posted on Facebook about this situation and in ONE DAY have received 53 direct messages from other people who have suffered this exact same situation. So, they are touchable due to the fact that there’s thousands of people being wronged, that shows up in court as unreasonable conduct and invalidates any agreements. I broke NO terms of the user agreement. Not one. So we’re also looking at potential discrimination and fraud due to the inability to contact the provider. Plus what it is costing me to rectify this wrong doing, and my lawyers are confident that if the complaints keep pouring in to me, we’ll be just fine matching their legal team. Of course, all of this would be 100% unavoidable if Paypal responded to me at all today. But they haven’t. Only sending me an automated message that my account has been deleted and that they are unable to tell me why. What. A. Joke.
Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor
Don't give yourself so much credit. I would say that many who have been scammed did all the right things you spoke of... making sure the site had a refund policy, return address, US location, etc. before purchasing. The fact of the matter is, most made their purchases with the thought in mind that since PayPal was an accepted payment method, that they would be protected if they didn't receive the item they purchased or received the wrong item. Paypal has done nothing to protect the consumer in these situations because they are not allowing in-person customer service or live chat in order to handle problems in a timely manner. They have witnessed hundreds, if not thousands, being scammed since at least November 2019 due to their service continually being offered on a fraudulent site and refusing to remove those accounts to prevent further scams. I believe any lawyer who has a brain can see who is in the wrong and can find a loophole in their policies just like the scammers have.
Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor
And...you are posting an article that is 8 years old. Scams aren't new; but the ones being done in the past year are the most I've ever seen in a 9 month period. I think it has been rampant particularly because of Covid-19 and they are taking advantage of people who have been staying home and ordering things online more. There's way more to this than you are willing to see.
Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor
And...everyone here is slso posting FACTS as well. Just because you aren't experiencing the same thing doesn't mean we'll all lying. PayPal obviously doesn't care about facts...they only care about the scammers' lies. I'm starting to think they must have quite a large business interest in China.
Login to Me Too

Nikoli1803
Contributor
Contributor
Yea let me join!’
Login to Me Too

mattyherzberg
Contributor
Contributor
Im having the same problem and i think its bull **bleep**, Its almost like stealing if you think about it. They are using your money to invest with and that their is theft to me. You should also get interest for waiting that long. I hate PayPal with a passion.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.