Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Donnaxxx
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sick of hearing about this back office who as all how money but can't contact us.back street office where they take people's money my son is missing cos of PayPal and they still sending me bull messages all have different reasons and times I just want what's mine
Login to Me Too

OlgaPo
Contributor
Contributor

@rashid93 @nqunqar @tiennguyenvan @Daash86 @BBARBY1215 @PhilippMeier Have you decided a question? Did you manage to file a lawsuit?

Here is my story

Hello! My name is Olga, I am from Kazakhstan.

I have an account in this payment system, which works in Kazakhstan. On May 25, money for the goods was transferred to me. The buyer confirmed receipt of the goods, everyone is happy. Since May 25, I can not withdraw my money on a visa card. Here the fun begins. Every time I try to withdraw money, I see the same message: "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.".

I started correspondence with Paypal technical support. Paypal has repeatedly blocked my account and asked me to take certain actions to confirm my identity. I passed them.
- I confirmed my identity (4 checks);
- I have confirmed my visa cards;
- the buyer confirmed receipt of the goods.

The essence of the technical support answers was as follows:
1. They tried to answer me with common phrases that the Paypal security system blocks the possibility of withdrawing funds, since it believes that this is associated with risks for me, that this could be a fraudulent operation, etc. But what could be the risk if I want to withdraw my own money to my own personalized visa card? This is what nonsense. Moreover, I passed their checks... After my questions about the fact that this is unreasonable, they changed tactics.
2. They started checking my account. Several times they wrote me the following message: "From researching your account history, I can see that your issue has been resolved.". I was very happy that my account was fully operational and the problem was resolved. But I was very presumptuous. The withdrawal problem was repeated again and again ... I asked them, on what legal basis do they keep my money? What is the reason for this error? I did not receive an answer to these questions. They changed tactics again ...
3. I was offered to return the money to the buyer and deal with my money outside Paypal. This was the most professional tech support tip. I did not want to bother the buyer with my requests, but I was not sure that I could somehow get this money, because I do not know the buyer at all. I began to demand from Paypal an immediate solution to this problem. They again changed tactics.
4. I was offered to install the Paypal Here application, supposedly through it I will manage to withdraw money. I installed it on my smartphone. After authorization in this application, the system requested from me a code sent in an SMS message. Paypal has a problem that he confirmed: sending messages to Kazakhstan does not work for them, messages simply do not reach subscribers. They know this, but have not been doing anything for more than a year to solve this. Paypal holds huge commissions for money transfers, but they are not able to improve their service. In the courtyard of the 21st century ... As a result, I spent an hour of time, but could not solve my question.

Now they just keep silent ... I believe that Paypal illegally holds my money, he caused me a lot of trouble, caused me moral suffering ... I just wanted to withdraw my money to buy groceries for my family ...

Does anyone know the companies that will take on the case against Paypal?

Login to Me Too

victoriaescorza
Contributor
Contributor
i am so upset about this i didnt do anything wrong.
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has lost its way and strayed from the promises in their Code of Business Conduct and Ethics by trying too much to automate. When you contact them with problems it is almost impossible to get an answer from a real person and if my a miracle you do it is someone with no authority to solve your problem. You cannot afford to sue them in most cases unless you have a small claims system like in USA.  Your only other option is to find who regulates them in your country and make complaints to the regulators. Then see if you can find a newspaper that is interested in human interest stories. Personally I am in USA and own PayPal stock. I have sent complaints to four of their regulators so far but that is slow to get results. I am sending them a stockholder proposal. It is qualified to force them to put it before the stockholders, so at least their management will be embarrassed in front of all the stockholders of PayPal. At last it will get the attention of the CEO and board which seems impossible in any other way. It is unlikely to pass but there is a chance and if not, the upper management will be aware they have a problem. Even though I have PayPal stock, I don't want the price of my stock to go up at the expense of **bleep** over people.

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

oops should "say by a miracle"

Login to Me Too

Temp20201216b
Contributor
Contributor
I just won't use them anymore there is so many different alternatives now paypal used to be top dog but they have a lot of good competition now just do a google search of paypal alternatives you would be surprised at how many results you'll find
Login to Me Too

zarman
Contributor
Contributor

O Im going to fix these IDIOTS they are holding me back from making a living for 18 weeks the philipines should drop dead Im going to start a payment processor just like pay pal and hire all American people they should be ashamed of themselves i have Verizon is a white Label company and put us in harms way wen they changed the emails to AOL and whoever at the time and they turn around and blame us well anyway Verizon Media was taken from Verizon and Verizon like jerks bought the company Its not pay pal its the OFFICE IN THE PHILIPPINES THAT ARE SCUM i dont care about the kanguage because they are altering my life.

Login to Me Too

Moonbabyy1994
Contributor
Contributor
I am literally going threw the same thing i am crying ALL my money from unemployment is on there i have noway to pay my rent now I am going to lose my apartment because of this and I'm going to have my electric shut off and I can't pay my phone bill because of this literally all of my money's on there so I can't even get food and I keep getting automated messages sent back I have sent so many messages it's pathetic I get someone on the phone and they say I have to talk to limitations department and there's nobody even at the limitations Department right now so it's nobody's working at the limitations Department right now and that's the only way to solve this then they shouldn't be doing this to people's accounts right now they shouldn't do this in general that is mind-blowing I understand not letting me use my card anymore I don't care about that but let me at least withdraw my money so I can put it into a different account I am literally so Furious words can't describe my anger right now this has ruined my life right now I have a lot of things going on too right now besides this and now I have to deal with this on top of it I am so Furious I want to sue I don't know what to do to make this go faster all I am asking is for them to unlock my account so I can withdraw my cash at an ATM and I will gladly take my business elsewhere this is a personal account and this is my personal money and I just happen to have all of my money on this account when this happened
Login to Me Too

JL42
Contributor
Contributor

@Moonbabyy1994 Report them to the BBB, your state attorney, etc. You'll get a response soon.

Login to Me Too

British_loony
Contributor
Contributor
I got a donation today for twitch what goes into my PayPal account and PayPal have limited my account because of the donation but they're happy to take their £1.75 off my donation and they won't let me have the rest so they've taken someone else's donation of their share but where's their limits they should have limited themselves of £1.75 but they didn't they're quite happy to take that and leave me with nothing I suffer with depression xit and it's ruined my day I've bitten my hand to bits out of exciti I'll try calling but no one answer it just seems like they just like taking people's money and not giving it back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.