Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PhilippMeier 

Anyway, which imbecile in the world thinks Privileged Member is a human being?

Obviously you as you were daft enough to open a legal financial account with that name.  🤣

I can only give you the facts, sadly not the intelligence to understand those facts.

So....your welcome and byeeeeeeeee

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Why didn’t you ask your bank to change the name on the debit card?  All of mine are in my name and I’d never accept that card. Privileged Member sounds like a fake card to get you to sign up.  I get those in the mail and toss them. 

Common sense says that the card is invalid.

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

I don't believe in using debit cards. My kid used one to rent a car. The outfit put the charge through twice wiping out her account while she was traveling. Credit cards only for me.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
But but but you did use one and that’s why you’re here. I prefer debit cards because I have no bills to pay. I can’t overspend and an error like yours is solved quickly by calling my bank. I remember the days of having credit cards and trying to dispute the charges.
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Try reading my post again. I did not use the card it was the kid (I am 77).  Have you tried to get a debit charge reversed while driving on a trip trying to contact the bank not during banking hours. Of course she didn't realize they double charged until she stopped for the night and tried to use the card for a hotel. Yes, I have contested a few credit card charges and had no problem.

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

??? I had a PayPal account for 20 years with no debit cards involved.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@homerlea 

Yep, I am the same as you, always use a credit card with paypal or anywhere else for that matter, much safer, you don't need a debit card do you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. It is simple economics. If there is a mistake with your debit card YOU have to fight to get your money back. With a credit card dispute THEY have to fight to get the money.

Login to Me Too

Donnaxxx
Contributor
Contributor
There is nothing wrong with my debit card, and I've still not had any money, and money is in PayPal account they withheld it its not a problem putting into my bank account
Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

The only thing that is likely to get their attention a human being is to file a claim with their Agent for Service of Process in UK if that is how the courts work there. You have to do that here before you can sue them here so check the process there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.