Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

nqunqar
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help me? my 180 days were up two months ago and they're not answering any of my emails. They just keep sending me automated responses. I'm not a business owner, it was my own money from freelance work and it's been held for way too long. How can I get them to answer me? P.S the account is Israeli but I'm not in Israel anymore which is the main reason it was held. 

Login to Me Too

tiennguyenvan
Contributor
Contributor

Same as you. I always get robot response on every message I send. My account was limited 10 days ago, I submitted files and no one did review my account. So sad. Welcome to reality of PayPal service.

Login to Me Too

Sickofplayail00
New Community Member
Yes think we will do the same since started using paypal for small buisness it has been nothing but a hassle and now we are starting to loose customers because of constant delays holding buisness money leaving us having to pay shipping out of pocket.just the last 2 weeks weve lost over 1000$ in buisness and to us that is alot for when your trying to stay afloat.
Login to Me Too

Daash86
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact issue with me now. No one can explain the violation and they are not willing to explain and I am filing a lawsuit Tuesday after the holiday.
Login to Me Too

JohnikaJP2015
How can I sue them, they have been holding my money since the end of February. This is June and I need my money it's only 264 dollars but I need it.
Login to Me Too

Daash86
Contributor
Contributor
Small claims court or how it affected you and affects to your business
Login to Me Too

Daash86
Contributor
Contributor
Small claims case
Login to Me Too

Donnaxxx
Contributor
Contributor
Same here I have a 5 year old I'm single parent my friend sent it I've done everything they've asked and getting no response other than the robot automated .the distress this is caused. Can anyone help please
Login to Me Too

BBARBY1215
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone tried suing and actually got their money back? PayPal did this to me back at the end of this past March 2019. No one ever responds or updates on any of these threads whether they sued, got their money back, or even got their money back after the 180 days. Anyone, anyone, anyone...updates/success?!
Login to Me Too

Daash86
Contributor
Contributor
I filed my lawsuit in my state last week and have to call the sheriffs in the city that the company’s register agent is located in so that the registered agent for my state will be served. I also sent a certified letter and copies of the lawsuit to PayPal’s legal department address
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.