cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suing PayPal in small court

Re: Suing PayPal in small court

How can I sue them, they have been holding my money since the end of February. This is June and I need my money it's only 264 dollars but I need it.
Contributor

Small claims court or how it affected you and affects to your business
Highlighted
Contributor

Small claims case
Contributor

Has anyone tried suing and actually got their money back? PayPal did this to me back at the end of this past March 2019. No one ever responds or updates on any of these threads whether they sued, got their money back, or even got their money back after the 180 days. Anyone, anyone, anyone...updates/success?!
Tags (1)
Contributor

I filed my lawsuit in my state last week and have to call the sheriffs in the city that the company’s register agent is located in so that the registered agent for my state will be served. I also sent a certified letter and copies of the lawsuit to PayPal’s legal department address
Contributor

PayPal is horrible. I completed my first sale of $550. Everything on EBay side has been above and beyond of my expectations. EBay released my funds to PayPal. I couldn't get access to my finds and I called PayPal. I was told I would have access to my money after delivery. Fine. I scheduled another payment and a trip to see my kids who live out of state. Product is delivered and customer is happy. Still no access to my money. Long story short after the second call, I started recording my conversation. After a total of 8 phone calls between Tuesday (the delivery date) this moment Friday morning, I have 8 different reasons why I didn't get my money. 1. I have a new bank account. Lie. I have the same bank account I receive my direct deposit from work. 2. 12 hours after delivery. 3. 72 hours after delivery. 4. PayPal doesn't want you to release all your funds. 5. I first requested $222 and I saw pending. So I cancelled and called PayPal, the rep said try again. I did for $220, still pending. I called back and was told my bank declined the first transaction. Lie. I declined. 6. We need to verify your bank account works. I told them you already now it works when you send the test transaction. I bank with Chase. 7. We need to review your account and make sure the customer received delivery. Lie. They already have tracking number. 8. Last call PayPal told me they need to review my account. I asked what do you need to review, I can send you a screenshot of my customer happiness over the product and I acn call EBay on a conference call. What do you need to review I stated. Not a clear answer received. I need to sue!!! I've been stressed, lost money, and lost time with kids.
New Community Member

I am in the process of opening complaints with the BBB, Treasury department and the GAs office here in California. I have already consulted with a lawyer and PayPal is in the wrong and does not have the authority to withhold my funds with no reason stated. SInce they held my funds (over 4K) all orders have been delivered to customers for 3 weeks now.

PayPal customer service reps have lied to me nonstop and i have recorded them contradicting themselves stating my documents were not received, then them messaging me documents have been received. Then they stated I had to wait another 72 hours, that was 10 days ago. I have called daily and have not been given one bit of information or a resolution.

I strongly feel they do hold said funds in hopes you give up and they can close the accounts, steal your fund. Because it is theft, it is not legal to confiscate or withhold a customers monies.

Wether PayPal likes to admit it or not, one day a big company - just large enough will get **bleep** via eBay and I am positive when that lawsuit hits then  maybe just then they will actually make an conscious effort to do things in a legal proper manner.

Contributor

Why there Isn’t a group legal action against PayPal? There are at least thousands of similar cases of money being illegally held without any reason. Please advise.
Esteemed Advisor

@Ines728 

Because its not 'illegal' and is clearly stated in their user agreement which has been 'legally agreed' in each country Paypal operates.

It states that they can hold payments in some circumstances and for how long before they must be released.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

How is the process going? Any news?

Paypal has been holding my money "hostage" for 3 Months.

I basically can't do anything about it, they think they can do whatever they want because they have a big company.

Please let us know.