Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

E26
Contributor
Contributor
We need to start a class act lawsuit. Way too many people are complaining!
Login to Me Too

Bossdon247
Contributor
Contributor
Let's do it
Login to Me Too

jashlord971
Contributor
Contributor

Sue them using FairShake. It worked for me!

Login to Me Too

Metylman
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem with PayPal, They have my account on hold for almost 6 months. Furthermore they have my money $427 from my sales. Customers have received the product they paid PayPal. Now PayPal will not forward the Money to me. How can they just keep money the customers sent for me ? I want my money nothing more.'

'                                                                                                                                       Hans

Login to Me Too

weaselworksco
Contributor
Contributor
The problem is not so clear cut as "I did x PayPal banned me wah wah wah". Many people, myself included have been conducting business in exactly the same way following PayPal's guidelines and have awoken to emails notifying us or accounts are limited, put in the required information to lift the limitations and then been banned with no explanation as to why.
Login to Me Too

Bakochristie6
Contributor
Contributor
You from the way it sounds you must be one of the people stealing the money they have no right to do that and you know that even after the 180 days they don't give the money back they're thieves we aren't morons don't talk to him like he is one I think he knows what you stated I hope someone steals all your money and your crippled without it and can't have any rights to get it back then let's talk
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

@rashid93

Updates? I live in the Netherlands, and I too am planning on taking the legal route.

Login to Me Too

lolusername

Yup any updates would be cool. It's been more than 180 days and now they are just ignoring me. So I am going to nail them in court because this is absolute illegal nonsense. 

Login to Me Too

MrOC
New Community Member
I have sued them as well and waiting for response. They're holding over £2k and they refuse to release it. I have asked them the reasons and never got a straight answer. I gave them all the documents they requested and still haven't heard from them
Login to Me Too

tiennguyenvan
Contributor
Contributor

You should not sue them about the 180 days policy, but you can sue them about the impact they did on your business. Compensation may be more than $1mil if you can prove your business damaged.

I am a new victim and I on the way to create a new website where we can unite together world wide, raising funds and make a bigger court.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.