Suing PayPal in small court

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have an issue with paypal where they banned my account permanently and i can not get my money till after 6 months. i have done nothing wrong to be banned and they say it is because the acceptable use policy. i have contacted them many times with no human response and keep getting automated response. 

i will file a claim in small court and see how it goes because legally paypal can not hold peoples money for 6 months simply because they are not above the law and everyone should obey the law. without a judge ordering them to hold the money they have no right to hold it just because they are a big corporation and can do so. i will make this publicly and will notify many media outlets about the issue to teach those people a lesson on not **bleep** people with their practices just because they are a big corporation an think they are above the law. i hope many people will do the same so they can know that people have power and can file claims where a judge can hear them instead if emailing their computers.

BTW everyone can file a claim in small court even if they have in the agreement that you cannot do so. they will send you threats to scare you but remember that they are not the law and in this free country, you can have a judge hear you out.

what do you all think 

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rashid93

1. Paypal does not have to do business with you if they don't want to. Just as a shop does not have to serve you in the town.

2. Paypals user agreement INCLUDING the 180 days hold has been legally approved regulatory bodies in the U.S.

3. You agreed to that paypal agreement when you opened your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rashid93
Contributor
Contributor
You are correct, they do not have to do business with me if they don’t want to but they can’t hold money even if approved by agreement. Their agreement is not binding in court and just do a little research and you would see yourself. I will file the claim in small court on Monday and see what happen from there. I will update. Many people did this before and won because they have the right to see a judge no matter what agreement they sign. The law will judge if it is shady practice or not so we will have to wait and see what the judge will say on that.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rashid93

You are wrong, they lost in court because they held funds OVER the 180 days period.

They are allowed to hold funds for 180 days as buyers can open disputes up to 180 days and they need the funds to refund them if that happens.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp20180926a
New Community Member

@kernowlass you are wrong,  you obviously haven't done any research online, I have seen countless forums in which people were able to successfully get their money back before the 180-day period by suing Paypal.  In the majority of cases, I read Paypal tried to settle before by accepting restoring them money, but in some cases such as one in Italy and another in GB, Paypal fought back and lost. So don't spread misinformation. 

The success rate seems to be much higher in Europe than in the USA.

Your argument is also flawed, the 180-day money back argument is a random rule they invented, and they even apply it to personal accounts who NEVER had a single dispute or chargeback. I have seen so many cases of this practice that at this point I'm 100% convinced that they do it as a normal business practice to profit from the interest of this 180-day period. 

In almost all cases I read, Paypal never explains the reason for the holding of the funds, which is another reason the should be sued, because a company (regardless of their random policy that they make you accept) should not be legally allowed under any jurisdiction to freeze money for that period without giving a proper explanation to the customer. 

I would encourage anyone to research and go ahead to sue them, report them to the business bureau, and get your money before 180 days. 

Login to Me Too

Ollahelal
Hi I really want to do this too the same issue happened with me they are closing my account with £430 init and I’m fuming pls help me sue them
Login to Me Too

8tees
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same problem since October. Paypal just decided to hold me 50K after a pre order campaing and hold the funds 180 days. Their excuse was that the hold was because it was a pre sale, OK.. I delivered all the orders last December and all tracked so what's the excuse now?

I tried a lot of times to talk with a competent person but it seems an impossible task to make understand this people anything.

So I made transactions with my clients, I delivered the orders and paypal steal my money for no reason. Also they said me today that after 180 the will start releasing the funds but not all... they will release quantities as they consider.

I just called the lawyer today to suit them.Captura de pantalla 2021-01-28 a las 10.33.26.png

Login to Me Too

aymankay
Let me know what the lawyer says mate, I am in same situation. There is not one genuine person when you call their customer service, they all just read the script!
Login to Me Too

THE-HUMAN-UNIT
Contributor
Contributor
I'm headed to Arbitration.
Login to Me Too

hrvster
Contributor
Contributor

How did the arbitration go? Was it fruitful? Did you recover costs and interest? What state are you in?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.