Suing PayPal for closing my account for no reason!

KatrinaSoto
Contributor
Contributor
I have gone over all of the guidelines rules and whatever else I “signed” or “agreed” to and not one time have I violated them. So why is PayPal holding my money? During COVID??! I have contacted these idiots several times for an answer which nobody will give me. They keep saying they are sorry I am no longer able to use them. They should be privileged to have me as a PayPal user just like any of you! We make them money! I am going to sue them, I just wanted to know if anyone else has done this. I will be suing thrihhh small claims for the effect it had caused me during Covid! I am now homeless, because my rent was late because PayPal wants to hold my money... is this legal! If I have provided all the documentation they asked for to verify it is me??
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ip_sidorin_igor
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem here

Hello, today I received a letter stating that my Business account was limited, the technical support said that I sold cheat programs on my site, but I never sold anything like that, pls help. My money hold on for 180 days, I need to eat and pay rent my site is https: // realmshop .info

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KatrinaSoto 

Why would paypal close accounts for no reason? As you said they encourage us to open and use paypal accounts as that is how they make their money so it would be counter-productive of them to ban you for 0 cause.

Did you read the acceptable use policy as well in case it was something in there?

Can be anything from an underage account to accepting friends/family payments for selling and a myriad of others in between, but they don't give you an exact reason unfortunately.

You should get your funds back at 180 days as long as they are not confiscated under damages for violating the acceptable use policy, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.