Sue Paypal as they are still holding my money over 200 days since limitation

mikamatto
Contributor
Contributor

On January 16th 2020 Paypal decided to permanently limit my account (case PP-009-106-293-324), despite nothing in breach of their policy was made.

As a result, they have been holding my money, which I expected to be returned by June 16th, 2020.

As of July 7th 2020, my funds are still being held for no reason.

It seems to be impossible to get in touch with a human for further information, and I am no longer interested in doing so. I also won't accept any Covid-related excuse for dragging this further, so I am now looking into starting legal action, as they are clearly on the wrong side of the argument and this is an act of abuse on my business and my money.

Does anybody have tips on how to start a legal action, as I am not used to this?

Thanks in advance

Mick

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mikamatto
Contributor
Contributor

As of July 10th, they are still holding my money. It is now almost 210 days and no explanation yet.

I discovered I am stuck in a situation where I can't ask for human help: because of the permanent limitation, all the messages I send receive the same automated reply which is not relevant. No matter what department I contact ( for instance today I filed a complaint for poor customer service).

I am stuck in a loop in which paypal is ignoring me on purpose, while holding my money beyond the max time. What a utterly disgusting company

pp1.jpgpp4.png106269356_618629562108589_4836622124830993410_n.png

Login to Me Too

acurtis41614
Contributor
Contributor
have you had success in resolving your issue? having a similar issue
Login to Me Too

mikamatto
Contributor
Contributor

Yes and no: the funds were released at the end of July, in over 7 months. Paypal never replied to me nor apologized though.

I reported the case to the Financial Ombudsman, which contacted Paypal, and the liars told them that I never submitted a complaint; fortunately I have all the screenshots (which also include a formal complaint), including the blind responses issued by their system so they're clearly on the wrong side.

Make sure you screenshot everything as well.

Now I should expect a response from Paypal in written form within eight weeks. However, I would be surprised if I get an apology from them. Unless you start a legal action against them, I am afraid there is little you can do - Therefore, boycotting Paypal and spreading the word as much as you can (Trustpilot, Quora, share on Facebook etc.) is the best you can do to help.

Good luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.