Suddenly charged on a never-used old Ebay account

Chris2tP
New Community Member

I had created an Ebay account 10 years ago, but pretty much forgotten about it - aside from the regular spam they send trying to get me to use it. I linked it to PP in 2019 as I was going to list some furniture, but my girlfriend used her Ebay account instead in the end. So the Ebay account remains unused - I've never bought, sold, listed or even bid on anything with it.

Yesterday I suddenly spotted that £23 had come off my credit card from Paypal/Ebay.  My first thought was that someone had got hold of my cc details and used them to purchase an item off Ebay, but it turns out that it was some kind of 'pre-authorised' charge from Ebay themselves. There is no information on the payment in PP other than a transaction number and invoice number. I disputed it with PP, who closed the case within about an hour!

I've now demanded information from Ebay about this, and will make sure I close both the Ebay account and PP account once this is resolved... but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  I'm so angry about this, AFAIC ebay has stolen from me - and PP provided the getaway car!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.