cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can't receive payments

Highlighted
Contributor

Suddenly can't receive payments

Hello! I currently have two paypal accounts (opened the second due to an ID change), and I've been meaning to close the older of them. I transferred most of the balance when I first made the account with no issues (about 6 months ago). However, there's still around 7 cents remaining, so I can't close the account. I tried to transfer them to my newer account, but it appears my new account now can't receive payments?

When I enter my summary, neither account show notifications/warnings of being limited. I am able to send requests for payments and invoices, but attempting to pay any of them I get a message saying "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later." or "Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time. Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

Tried to send 1 USD to my older account, as I imagined there had to be a minimum of money to send. But it seems my old account is having the same issues as well, even if it's an account I had widely used before.

Any help is appreciated 🙂