Stuck with account limitation for almost 6 months

vanvivoi
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal customer service is just purely horrible! I made the account back in 2012 with my first name combine with my nickname for the sake of convenience and did not experience any problems for the last 5 years until the account limitation, which require proof of identity is dropped on my account. I know I have to change the account name before the limitation is lifted because it does not match the name I have on ID. So I applied for change name and explain everything couple of times to their customers services because no one even care to read the previous messages. I finally sent a god damn angry message to them and someone actually gave out a solution that is I have to make a new Paypal account and send a message consenting the balance transfer to my new account, of course with ID proof. They said it will take 3-5 days and boom after 10 days NOTHING HAPPENED. So I send them message again, replying to the same message they sent me and now the new people answering have no idea what they are talking about or what my case is. Now I have to explain the case all over again and again God knows to how many more people. Please Paypal can you just assign 1 single person handling my case and get some sh*t done. The account has been under limitation for almost half a year. Does anyone experience the same problem with me and how did it go? Great and now the reCaptcha is not working on the Chrome on laptop and I have to send this from my phone

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vanvivoi

As you would never be able to supply documents that verify the name on those documents match the name on your paypal account then you would not be able to verify that account and it would be useless to you and would be limited with any funds in it frozen.

Whether they allow you to open another and transfer those funds is up to customer services, that rarely happens as they are not keen on folks opening a legal, financial account with a nickname.

Do you open bank accounts and credit cards in a nickname as well? Would you expect those organisations to be happy if you did?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.