Stuck in limited account access loop

PrincessCardia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I have been on hold with PayPal on the phone for a while now so I thought I would try here. I am stuck in a loop and getting so frustrated! PayPal thought there was suspicious activity on my account yesterday; there wasn't, I was the one making the purchase. I responded to the text with 1 indicating I authorized the payment and PayPal responded with "For your protection, we've limited your acct due to a login from an unusual location. Log in to your PayPal acct for more info and next steps." 

So here is where the loop begins... I log in and it asks me to verify my identity. I do that, then it asks me to resolve these issues by confirming my identity (done), uploading a photo ID (done), and changing my password. I change my password and it asks me to log back in, and then I am right back to where it was: I need to verify my identity and resolve the issues. Every time I change the password it just begins this endless loop again. My account is still limited and I can't even print the shipping labels I need to from eBay because of it. I even cleared my cache and have tried using a different browser, no luck.

Can anyone help? Thank you so much. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

cgravesadm
Contributor
Contributor

Ok i am in the same situation. I hve called 6 times now. I get a never answer or they just drop the call. I am sick of this game.

I am now up to 4 hors of playing games with PayPal.

My rate is 65.00 per hour. 

You well recieve a bill from me.

I want my 1000.00 ASAP

The sender is a family member and you dont want her to start in on you as well

Make it happen today!!!

'

'we started this complete nightmare last Thursday.

I hope you are having a great day.

very un happy customer

Login to Me Too

PrincessCardia
Contributor
Contributor

I was on hold for over 2 hours and then I was disconnected. This is ridiculous. There is money in my account I can't access and I cannot print my shipping labels because of this endless looping error. And I cannot get in touch of anyone at PayPal to speak to. PLEASE help.

Login to Me Too

cgravesadm
Contributor
Contributor
I understand I cant even get a response. I just qant my money. Should not have used paypal for this and i am still qaitinh for a answer. This is not cool at aĺl.
Login to Me Too

cgravesadm
Contributor
Contributor
I understand tje rules but give the money back or release it back to the sender asap
Login to Me Too

vyoufinder
New Community Member

First, PayPal would require me to upload documents confirming my identity. Then they would review it for about 3 days before sending an email saying "we were unable to verify your identity." I tried this process about 10 or 15 times, each time providing all required documents, and each time they were unable to verify me.

So I called them and was told that the reason for the problem was that I needed a new bank account. So I got a new savings account and tried it. I was taken into the same continuous loop as before.

So then I added a checking account, and waited a few weeks to try and get my money again. But again, was taken into the same continuous loop of providing the required documents then being told that they could not verify my identity.

At present, PayPal has taken away the option for me to provide documents.  The last time I uploaded them was about 4 months ago, and they are "still under review."  According to PayPal, it will take "about" 2-3 days for them to check.  So, warning to others that PayPal's "about" 2-3 days may take years, and most likely never happens so that ultimately, PayPal steals your money at will.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.