Strong Current Enterprises Ltd

justme9
New Community Member

I'm wondering why this vendor hasn't yet been blocked by Paypal after so many complaints. I ordered a shower filter after seeing an ad on FB but haven;t yet received the product. That undermines the credibility of FB and Paypal and any online vendors. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@justme9

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@justme9

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MichelleK22
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to open a complaint as soon as I saw how much they were charging me.  It was double the amount agreed to.  Paypal text me and asked if I authorized the amount.  I replied no.  They opened a complaint and then PayPal said that my purchase was confirmed and that my complaint was closed.  Is PayPal in cohoots with Strong Current?  I see so many complaints here about them now.  I still haven't received an itemized account/receipt from them. On Paypal it says one item.  I thought perhaps because my total with them was double, that somehow they had doubled my order to two items.  I can't seem to find a way to get hold of them personally because they never sent me a confirmation or receipt. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichelleK22

Did you file a dispute for non receipt of item OR unauthorised transaction?

Only if it was unauthorised what you were telling paypal was that your paypal account had been hacked and that purchase made without your consent.

Paypal would check IP addresses / devices and see it was you and close that dispute.

Paypal buyer protection is not a 100% coverall, it covers non receipt / not as described / unauthorised.

It doesn't cover that they charged you too much as you would have seen the amount before you clicked to pay during checkout.

However if the item took ages to come you could have filed non receipt OR waited till it came and filed not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MichelleK22
Contributor
Contributor
I have yet to receive item or communication from company.
Login to Me Too

paula_perez
Contributor
Contributor

Just to share with my experience with my transaction with the said company, I have order a product from them I have received a order confirmation from them after. The product arrived at my house 43 days after. If you think that it is taking too long, I suggest that you reach out to them through the link they have provided in their website.

Hope this had help you in anyways.

Login to Me Too

Ford1974
Contributor
Contributor
Their attenas are junk won't send a return envelope
Login to Me Too

bjakopac
Contributor
Contributor

BLOCK THIS SELLER.  I received a defective item and pay Pal sided with Strong. This seller sent out defective merchandise.  Pay Pal sided with this seller. I have less than 9 days to return it. With the COVED I cannot leave my house to complete this trans action.   I am suppose to send the item back at the cost to me of $60 to $70 to receive a $58 fund! Why did pay pal close my complaint? It is not resolved as far as I am concerned.  After 15 complaints regarding this seller Pay Pal still allows this seller to scam it's honest customers! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.