Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strong Current Enterprises - Items Not Received

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: Strong Current Enterprise LTD

@Stringwellswrote:
I have just sent a letter to SCE Ltd at their London address to gain evidence to inform British Trading Standards. I have detailed my grievances and asked for response within 14 says. Letter sent by registered post.

I have I just googled SCE and found that they are a private limited company and the address I used to return the items is the registered office address. The company's status is active. If you do a search for Strong Current Enterprises on https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/ you will get the information in case it may be of interest to you.

Contributor

Re: Strong Current Enterprises - Items Not Received

I contacted paypal and after about 10 days they refunded my money and it's back into my bank account. These people need to be shut down and I let the lady on phone know that there are a couple threads in here and that this one had been 24 pages (when I had contacted them) and now there are 27. This is outrageous and paypal needs to stop them from being able to do this. 

Contributor

@Amberiviewrote:

I contacted paypal and after about 10 days they refunded my money and it's back into my bank account. These people need to be shut down and I let the lady on phone know that there are a couple threads in here and that this one had been 24 pages (when I had contacted them) and now there are 27. This is outrageous and paypal needs to stop them from being able to do this. 

Ambervive we have 27 pages and we are only the ones who have bothered to complain, just think about how many have found it too difficult to complain and the others who have just thrown their hands up in the air and thought to themselves "I've been dudded, more fool me" and just accepted it. My guess probably as many as those who have taken a stand. At least I haven't seen their ad plastered over the front of Ebay over the last week, so somebody has done something

Contributor

It’s crazy how they can keep getting away with this
Contributor

Having escalated to Resolution Centre and speaking to PayPal, I received a £75 goodwill payment. A few days later SCE failed to respond to the escalation and I got £34.99 back from SCEs PayPal account. Then the date of the other escalation was extended. I spoke to PayPal to bring this company down but attitudes had changed. I was advised to complain to my bank or Trading Standards. In UK you must go via Citizens Advice. It's a long progress. Watch this space!
Contributor

Stringwells, what is this "goodwill payment" are you saying that Paypal is refunding the money without getting it back from SCE?

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes. Paypal is a member of Resolver. I reported my problem to Resolver on 29/12/17 and PayPal rang me to say they had given me £75. I also had £34.99 from SCE a few days later as they failed to meet resolution date given by PayPal. So I'm better off than most but still will fight to bring this company down.
Contributor

If Paypal is footing the bill for this dodgey company there is little incentive for them to cease what they are doing, they only way is to stop their advertising on the internet

Contributor

Interesting - as soon as my bank grabbed my money back, the complaint in the resolution center disappeared. PayPal just stopped following up on it and now I can't even see it. That's just wrong. I'm not trying to double dip here, but really, the money should have come back to me from SCE, not PayPal. Maybe PayPal grabbed it back from them behind the scenes, but I'll never know because the complaint has disappeared!
Contributor

I guess SCE being the way they are,they most likely shut their Paypal account down quickly once the complaints started coming in so Paypal could not recover their funds, but this also does not add up because the first complaints I saw were dating back to May last year so it went on for at least 9 months before the ads were removed. At least if Paypal have had to pick up the pieces it is a good incentive for Paypal and Ebay to be vigilant in keeping these mongrels off our computers