Strange shipping situation

Zelduhskeyblade
Contributor
Contributor
So I had ordered something online. I contacted the shop but the emails always came back returned and not delivered. The product never shipped so I filed a claim with PayPal and after 5 weeks received an unauthorized email message from the company finally. "First, we greatly appreciate for paying your attention to our store. We sincerely apologize to you for the delay in delivery of the products you ordered with us and emailing to you. Your package was shipped more than a week ago, cause of a drug smuggling at the customs, so all items at the transportation are being held for inspection. In addition, the material of these hoodie or t-shirt items is cotton, so all of them have been reviewed on a special level of inspection. We are struggling to get your package delivered to you before Christmas so please be patient with us. Hope you forgive us for this problem. Please cancel the dispute on paypal, that makes the package suspected to be related to drugs and smuggling. Thanks for your understanding. Thanks and best regards!" Should I just ignore the message, or contact Paypal? I can't really comprehend why it's so detailed. I'm concerned about what to do.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zelduhskeyblade 

They are talking rubbish to try and frighten you into closing your dispute. DO NOT DO SO.

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.