Strange 'Limitation' Request...

Ian0964
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to buy a £3.50 greeting card on Etsy using PayPal, and the transaction was declined. I was told I had 'Limitations' on my PayPal account and that I needed to provide information, before I could use PayPal again. the information requested was as follows, "You'll need to provide a receipt of your purchase or original receipts from your supplier for the items you sell to your buyers". 1) I don't have a 'Supplier', 2) I don't 'Sell' anything and 3) I don't have any 'Buyers', I'm simply a guy who sometimes buys things on Ebay or Etsy using PayPal.

I have no clue why they are asking me for 'Supplier Receipts' - Anyone got any idea why I'm being asked for something that I can't provide, or what I can do about it..?

Thanks...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ian0964 

For each of the things in the limitation PayPal is asking for but you do not have, write a letter explaining why, pdf it and upload it to the case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ian0964 

For each of the things in the limitation PayPal is asking for but you do not have, write a letter explaining why, pdf it and upload it to the case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Arcadia171e
Contributor
Contributor

Yup just had this too. WAs buying stuff on ebay thee, now i cant pay... been using this for nearly 20 years, but now i need ID? I apparently  have to provide supplier info? I dont sell stuff.. i just buy... Paypal wtf?

Login to Me Too

Laurenmcfc81
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had exactly the same asking me for id and to supply info and receipts because my friend sent me £10 no idea why at all.
Login to Me Too

daliborr
Contributor
Contributor

me too. i do not sale anything just buying. express limitation but i do not know what reason is.

Login to Me Too

scotchgame
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I don't sell anything and thus cannot provide supplier receipts. I noticed from the time stamp on the email I received about it that it came one minute after I received a receipt from Paypal for a payment on a monthly bill to Spotify that I've been paying for years.  I can sort of understand the ID request but not supplier receipts since I haven't sold anything. I really need help on this because I have a number of monthly bills that I pay via PayPal and so I can't have PayPal refusing to pay those bills. I totally at a loss as to what to do.

Login to Me Too

Laurenmcfc81
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve just explained the transactions and then wrote something out along the lines of I don’t know what’s going on and I haven’t got all this because I don’t sell anything can you basically turn my account on and I uploaded that to one of the sections asking for a receipt. I wonder if it’s an error as we all seem to be asking about it at the same time.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.