Strange Behaviour

mlock50
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I need some advice on what to do.

I think I purchased something from a Scam site today.  Obviously not on purpose, but after I'd made the purchase with PayPal I never received any email confirmations.

I could tell something was up after the PayPal confirmation web page said I'd paid some random Gmail address and not a company name. And then I never received an email confirmation from either the shopping site OR PayPal.  BUT, when I check my PayPal account its shows the transaction.  Why wouldn't PayPal notify me by email or my iPhone app, as they normally do when I make a purchase?

I've emailed the online site but have not received any answer.  I only made the purchase today, do I have to wait 2 weeks before I can open a Resolution ticket?  I've tried ringing PayPal but the automated system doesn't know how to direct my call!

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

BabyPsTutu510
New Community Member
Did you get the name of the site or anything associated with the company name by chance? I try to do a internet search on either a product or company if I have questions (or concerns) if you find anything on them that points to fraud, then you could have the PayPal customer service direct your calls to that department? Hopefully you were actually dealing with a real company and this is just a fluke.
Login to Me Too

mlock50
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I did a search but it didn't bring up too much.  One site suggested it could be spam but little information elsewhere.

The site was https://www.carry-ons.shop/

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mlock50 

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.