Storm media

Cbee1
Contributor
Contributor

Yet another complaint about this supplier. Wish I’d looked before placing an order.. you live and learn.

i ordered goods that haven’t arrived, PayPal no help and declined my claim as they can supply despatch number.

they can’t supply proof of delivery though which are two different things, as I’m unable to prove the goods weren’t delivered then they have the proof to decline my claim. Yes they want proof that something hasn’t been delivered... after asking numerous times how I’d do this and not getting an answer.

so neither party have proof of delivery/non delivery they decide to go against myself who has never placed a claim previously but go in favour of a company with thousands of complaints against them for non delivery of goods... sorry but this is the biggest joke I’ve heard this year if it wasn’t so idiotic on the behalf of PayPal. 

I was told when they get so many complaints they will look into it again, not sure on how many they need she didn’t have that information.

so it’s the little guys that are left without again, I defo will avoid any interaction with PayPal in the future if I can help it such a shame as so many honest and upstanding companies use it but are being let down by these types of companies and decisions.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cbee1 

If you open a dispute quickly then as the item is coming from China and the seller supplies tracking then paypal will often close in favour of the seller.

BUT if you wait the time it takes for the item to arrive eg allow 6-8 weeks and then open a dispute when it should have arrived then you may well win.

Also ALWAYS fund your paypal payments via a credit card, if you have done then you have a second layer of protection and can contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cbee1
Contributor
Contributor
I did complain before they say they delivered however this is still a no go thanks though
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cbee1 

Storm Media is China based seller but may make out they're local with their various shops and ships from China so delivery takes a long time. They're not very communicative as far as I've observed from the complaints so it can frustrate buyers and lead them to file disputes and post complaints online. 

In an Item Not Received case, if the seller provides tracking that shows delivered, they are protected. In your case since delivery is inconclusive, contact PayPal again to have them review the tracking number. I take it you weren't given the tracking number? If you were given tracking number, keep checking up on it. People have reported that they've received their item, it just took a long time and seller doesn't communicate likely due to "language barrier".

Lastly, push comes to shove, if a credit card was used, contact your card issuer to dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cbee1
Contributor
Contributor
It says it’s been delivered to my letter box but it hasn’t they have no signature! I don’t have a box it’s through the door so not like anyone could ha e stolen it unless they’ve broken into my house with no trace and only taken this package. I can’t accept the language barrier they have a English spoken website and are happy to take my money so can pay someone to communicate in English can’t have it both ways and there’s no communication full stop so that’s just rude. I’ve contacted PayPal again and the girl I spoke to agrees it probably hasn’t been delivered but without any proof I don’t have a leg to stand on, not sure how you prove something hasn’t ever turned up so they’ve got me by the short and curlies I never order from Facebook and such sites so I know to listen to my own advise in the future and as I say stay away from PayPal as much as possible! Thanks for your advise though
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.