Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Maribela21
I made a purchase close to a month ago, haven’t gotten a shipping confirmation and the email for contact is being returned undelivered. Not sure if to wait or file a complaint...has anyone else had this issue?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maribela21

do a search on this forum for the numerous threads on this company.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DL789
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did the same  and saw how many complaints there were, I'm surprised paypal allow them to rip people off like they do.

Login to Me Too

MVerchVT
New Community Member

Truly disappointed in PayPal and the resolution center! Ordered from Storm Media in mid December and immediately tried to cancel when I saw all of the negative reviews and orders that were never received. All I got from Storm Media was canned emails, no real order information, and no correspondence once I contacted PayPal for a credit. Items still have not been shipped nor has merchant responded to any of my correspondence. This merchant should not be allowed to use PayPal to scam so many consumers. Shameful! Will be closing my PayPal account as I do not have faith in their services anymore. And I'm out $45 for an order that has never been shipped... disgusted...

Login to Me Too

Ladee
Contributor
Contributor
Storm Media Limited is definitely a Fraud. I have had 2 unintentional dealings with them in the past 3 months by ordering off ads on Facebook. I ordered from Modern Boutiques in City of Industry, CA. Waited a month before contacting them 4 times about receiving a shipping notification with tracking number, but no item. Tracking number says VALID TRACKING .. NOT IN SYSTEM. Their same response was THIS TIME OF YEAR WE ARE SO BUSY. When I sent a message thru PayPal saying I was going to file a dispute, it took 2 weeks for the item to arrive. I had orders a sports bra, I got a sports bra made for a preteen child. I ordered EXLarge. The bra measured 11 inches across at widest point. PayPal got them to agree to a full refund but requires I return the bra. The address to return it was to Hong Kong at a cost of 33.60, for a 20.00 bra from California USA. I sent it to Hong Kong following all instructions.. Then o filed with PayPal to get my shipping cost back. The second charge I received from Storm Media was tights I ordered unknowingly from Modern Boutiques. The tights are unacceptable as well but waiting to see about getting the shipping cost back. There is definitely a Fraud going on here. A company in California, Moder Boutiques is apparently a front for a store in Hong Kong. I am looking on Facebook to find where to file a complaint, this is a definite fraud. My husband does not use PayPal, he is disputing a charge to his credit card from Storm Media with out much luck. How is this legal? My first run in with them started in November and still is not resolved. Storm Media needs to be stopped.
Login to Me Too

Florence2018
New Community Member

I purchased the winter warm leggings.  I am a size 12 and they were much to small and lining wasn't as described.  I was told they don't take returns or do a refund.

Paypal looked into this, but denied by claim.

Very very disappointed with both.

Login to Me Too

GeauxColonels
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I ordered a couple pairs to give my wife for Christmas. I placed the order on Dec 5 and PayPal's email said I wouldn't be charged until the order was shipped....which was a lie because they took the funds from my account IMMEDIATELY. By mid-January I still hadn't received the leggings, so I tried emailing with no luck. I opened a case through PayPal and they all of a sudden showed up in my mail. Problem is, the leggings are WAY too small (they MAY fit my 6-year old daughter) and super thin. I filed a complaint and, or course, PayPal denied my claim saying, "This decision was made because if an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described." I'd like to know what their idea of "materially similar" means. No reasonable person would consider the trash I got to be REMOTELY similar to what was advertised.
Login to Me Too

Laurms2286
Contributor
Contributor
That’s exactly what happened to me. PayPal found them to be similar enough which is absurd they are completely different than advertised. I’m so mad I’m out $60+ for nothing. I returned the leggings and got no refund whatsoever not for the leggings or shipping. PayPal should not allow them to do business through PayPal.
Login to Me Too

fiadm5
Contributor
Contributor
Very disappointing! The company seems to be fraudulent but PayPal is supposed to be a company we can trust, so badly let down
Login to Me Too

Laurms2286
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. I'm not sure how they can claim one size when the tights I received would barely fit a small child, let alone a grown adult woman.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.