Storm Media Surrealunicorn.com

Scubagal

Should have done my research.  Ordered 2 bras May 1, 2019.  Received an email  response from <removed>,  5/15/19 that they were on the way and to follow tracking.  Responded to there email dated 5/15/19 on 5/30/19 stating that no tracking was updated, and when should I expect them.  No response to that email.  sent email 6/16/19 stating to cancel the ordered.  Also opened pay pal dispute. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scubagal 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scubagal 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WABarb
Contributor
Contributor

One would think PayPal would pay attention to it's own Community Forum regarding this so called business.  I ordered a Bra by accident on 4/7/19 and tried to cancel the transaction. System wouldn't allow me.  I never received item and  filed a dispute via PayPal on 5/22/19 requesting refund.  I cancelled order and requested refund from Storm Media via PayPal again on 6/7/19.  Seller shipped item from China on 6/13/19. I have no idea what PayPal did during this time but they waited and closed my dispute after Storm Media provided a USPS tracking number but before I received the item on 6/24/19.  I went ahead and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  I want a refund and if Storm Media wants the bra back they can provide a prepaid shipping label.  I also provided copies of the pointless PayPal dispute documents. 

Login to Me Too

purplechic63

I ordered bras,  the bras came in so chincy and would not fit, $44.60 later.  Paypal said they had to be returned  to Storm Media.  I took pictures of the bras and the labels to prove where they were being returned.  Gave that all to Paypal and they said until the company verifies they received them they could not help me.  Well I returned them in June and here we are in September.  The United States Post Office does not track anything out of United States.  the last transaction was June 7th 2019 leaving Florida.  Never to be seen again.  Paypal said they cannot help me because they need proof that they were delivered so they closed the case.  Even whey I proved to them that they were returned.  Such a nitemare and no help.  Buyer be ware.  I always  liked Paypal but really this makes me think different.

Login to Me Too

WABarb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a bra from Storm Media and didn't receive it after being charged by Storm Media....4 months later I filed a complaint with PayPal and said I wanted my money back.  PayPal ignored my request and said Storm Media was sending the bra.  I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Storm Media refused to reply to the BBB so they closed the case.  I reported this to PayPal and asked why they do business with a company with a poor BBB rating.  No response from PayPal.   PayPal won't be of any help.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.