Storm Media Limited

socram_1
Contributor
Contributor

I did not authorized this transaction. I just click on a facebook advertise and log on paypal to view the shipping charges. They charge for the transaction after I hit cancel. I file a claim and was denied even I didn't authorized the payment. I look trough the paypal community and notice other people with exact the same problem and with the same result for the resolution center. How is possible that the same company is committing fraud to PayPal customer and PayPal is not protecting them? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@socram_1 

Unauthorized Payment is best claimed when you absolutely did not even touch the website with a virtual ten foot pole and someone without permission accessed your PayPal account and made the transaction.

Don't know what kind of PayPal checkout integration this merchant uses where even if you didn't complete checkout, the order goes through anyway; you just close the tab window and order could still go through and you'll be on the hook for the order. 

TBH, PayPal disputes don't fair well with cases of buyer's remorse (don't fit, don't like, as described but did not meet expectations, bought by mistake, saw it some place else for cheaper, etc) and must be resolved without PayPal having to step in because they will rule according to policy and you'll have to appeal. Your case though is in this grey area and is like trying to fit a cylinder into a square peg.

Contact customer service to revise the reason for dispute to Item Not Received (INR) (or some Billing Error option which would be more suitable) and ask for a refund or cancel the order but when the case is escalated to a claim, look out, PayPal will rule in favor of the seller because they will provide tracking number should your best option is to switch to an INR dispute and have to appeal. This particular merchant doesn't seem very great with the customer service hiding behind "language barrier" just from observation of the volume of complaints about them.

Should disputing with PayPal implodes because their dispute terms are not broad enough and you paid with credit card, you're better off filing a dispute with them as a back up recourse.

I'd advise users to stick with tried and true merchants, and be wary as anyone can set up shop these days and could be predatorial with their selling tactics.

To contact customer service:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@socram_1 

Unauthorized Payment is best claimed when you absolutely did not even touch the website with a virtual ten foot pole and someone without permission accessed your PayPal account and made the transaction.

Don't know what kind of PayPal checkout integration this merchant uses where even if you didn't complete checkout, the order goes through anyway; you just close the tab window and order could still go through and you'll be on the hook for the order. 

TBH, PayPal disputes don't fair well with cases of buyer's remorse (don't fit, don't like, as described but did not meet expectations, bought by mistake, saw it some place else for cheaper, etc) and must be resolved without PayPal having to step in because they will rule according to policy and you'll have to appeal. Your case though is in this grey area and is like trying to fit a cylinder into a square peg.

Contact customer service to revise the reason for dispute to Item Not Received (INR) (or some Billing Error option which would be more suitable) and ask for a refund or cancel the order but when the case is escalated to a claim, look out, PayPal will rule in favor of the seller because they will provide tracking number should your best option is to switch to an INR dispute and have to appeal. This particular merchant doesn't seem very great with the customer service hiding behind "language barrier" just from observation of the volume of complaints about them.

Should disputing with PayPal implodes because their dispute terms are not broad enough and you paid with credit card, you're better off filing a dispute with them as a back up recourse.

I'd advise users to stick with tried and true merchants, and be wary as anyone can set up shop these days and could be predatorial with their selling tactics.

To contact customer service:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

socram_1
Contributor
Contributor

I change the dispute to Item not as described and was denied because the merchant provide a shipment tracking confirming that the merchandise was delivered.  But they not send the correct item and I send pictures of the item and the package with the tracking number. The package was even to small to fit what they offer. A quick search on this page show this company is a constant fraud and pay-pal don't care about it. 

Login to Me Too

Cecegi
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me. Very disappointed with PayPal Resolution center. I was scammed by this seller and what PayPal asked me to get my money back was more expensive that the 32.93 USD I had paid to the fraudulent seller. Storm Media Limited is a SCAMMER but worst than that is the fact that PayPal endorses them and dont work to protect its customers.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.