Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Lauri09
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 2 bras a month ago$53.00 and have not received them. 

Login to Me Too

emilydenese1
Contributor
Contributor
I was looking at my Paypal account and same thing. They put 33.95 on my Paypal and I would never have known if I didn’t check this month. Don’t know how to get in touch with them either. Facebook should be more careful with whom they allow to advertise on our pages!!!!!
Login to Me Too

ronbonc
Contributor
Contributor

I was interested in the sling bags that StormMedia offered. 

1.  I decided to buy 2.

2.  I went to PayPal and hit continue (they said I would complete my transaction when I got back to the seller)

3.  I went back to the seller's page and when I saw the shipping charge, I changed my mind and backed out. I did not complete the transaction.

4.  I began getting emails from UPPA9 telling me they'd received my order.   I immediately told them I had not ordered anything from them.  No response.

5.  I contacted PayPal who told me I had in fact made a purchase and there was nothing they could do.  End of story as far as they were concerned.

6.  I then began getting emails from UPPA9 telling me where my order was in their process.  I again told them I'd ordered nothing from them and to not ship to me.  No response.

7.  I then started getting emails from UPPA9 that my products had shipped.  More emails with no response from them.

8.  I received the package but did not open it. 

9.  I called my credit card company and told them what was going on and that I felt PayPal was ignoring this problem that I and several others were having with StormMedia.  They refunded me my money.

10.  Got email from UPPA9 that they had been contacted by my credit card company and were refunding my money.  I assume they are refunding my credit card company, but we'll see what transpires next. 

Login to Me Too

Lauri09
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same problem. Why does PayPal  continue to let this company exsist. It is definitely fraud. 

Login to Me Too

Chingaling
Contributor
Contributor
I agree if paypal is going to be responsible for the safety and security of our bank accounts they should make sure any place they are letting collect payments from PayPal are legit so not happy about this.!
Login to Me Too

melnicstan
Contributor
Contributor

I had exactly the same situation; did your bank challenge your request? I am nervous to approach mine because even though I did not place the order, Storm Medial did actually send my 'purchase (hahaha), and because no business information was on the package and I do shop online a lot, I opened it. So I don't know that the bank would support me as I did receive something (that I didn't order, but never mind that), and naively opened the parcel.

Login to Me Too

sis80
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same.  The merchandise was crap!  I am totally upset with PayPal for doing business with these fraudulent companies!  I will no longer order anything I see on Facebook!

Login to Me Too

Loucard
Contributor
Contributor

One order placed with this company last year resulted in my not getting my order because it was sent to someone in CA, AND I was charged twice for the order.  When I disputed the charges with paypal, they supposedly "investigated" and determined the package was received, so they closed the dispute.  Yes, it was received, but not by me! 

Now, I have placed another order, not knowing that it was also through Storm Media Limited.  My shipping address is clearly noted, and it is in Georgia, NOT CALIFORNIA!  So how can I assure I will receive this package, and get refunds on the package I never received and was charged twice for ??  Is there any phone number for this company?  Is it a real company?  I will definitely pay more attention when ordering because I don't want to order anything else from them, and not even receive it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Loucard 

Lots of problems with this company.

You should really check phone numbers / contact information before you buy from a site.

A lot of these scam websites that advertise on social media etc have good pictures / bargain prices / no phone number on the site only an email address / no return address only contact them for problems and normally sell Chinese tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Loucard
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice.  I will definitely be more aware when I make a purchase.  What really gets me is that paypal decided there was no action that needed to be taken, even though the package went to CA and not GA.  I don't think I'll order anything else through paypal either, since they seem to side with the vendor.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.