Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

walexandrini
Contributor
Contributor

I tried an email to Storm Media Limited, according to the email disclosed by Paypal of this company, however the message returned with error indicating that the message can not be delivered with the following error response:
"There was a temporary problem delivering your message to Storm Media Limited. Gmail will retry for 46 more hours. You will be notified if the delivery fails permanently."

Login to Me Too

Janners
New Community Member

I put my order in July 15.  Nothing.  Doesn't pay pal have to see if these companies are legit? 

Login to Me Too

Servergirl1
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 2 products on 7/23/18 and have heard nothing from them
Login to Me Too

This storm media popped up on my statement have no idea what this is..if i ordered something it wasn't from this
Login to Me Too

Sierrasue
New Community Member

Rip off company. I ordered something a month ago and not only did they tack something else onto the order ! I have also never received the order. PayPal is NO help at all. This has taught me the valuable lesson to not use paypal to pay for any orders of anything again. Only to transfer monies with people I know. 

Login to Me Too

Alok123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! all, I recently bought a heavy duty sneakers in May 4 2019 from Storm Media Limited through instagram. I made a payment through paypal. Now its been nearly a month that they have not contact me or send me any email or message. From this community I knew now its a scam. Is there any way to get refund. I am also one of the victim. please help me. Thank you Alok Adhikari
Login to Me Too

jamesbaum
Contributor
Contributor

I also had an issue with Storm Media. I filed a complaint with Pay pal. After reading all these comments about Storm Media I thought I would not have any problem getting my money refunded. WRONG! Even after all the complaints Pay pal has received about this vendor they keep siding with Storm Media! INSANE! I am going another route (or routes) to get my money back and warn people about Storm Media and Pay Pal! Pay pal must be as crooked as Storm Media!

Login to Me Too

carlady
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced the same issue with Storm Media under the name Choisest 1.  Purchased in July, opened PayPal case in September, then received a fake tracking link.  PayPal closed the case today AGAINST ME although I’ve never received merchandise or a refund.  Totally unethical.  PayPal used to be a respectable company but no more.  There are literally pages of complaints about Storm Media, and PayPal is enabling them to SCAM consumers. 

Login to Me Too

JJMinn
Contributor
Contributor

This is not a solution! Because someone got an error response?! Storm Media needs to be more responsive! And if PayPal approves them as a seller that uses a PayPal option, they should be able to answer as well, that this seller is not conventional and takes much longer to deliver. NO response is just bad business!

But, one thing I think everyone should realize is that when you placed the order from Storm Media, it did say 2-5 weeks for delivery, which you can see in one of the responses (about the mascara). So, with that said, no one can truly complain about the time it takes to receive the product. As far as the lack of notifications and lack of response to emails, yes that is HUGE issue! Also, PayPal doesn't typically take the money from your payment method until you receive the product, so you should double check as I did. The funds have not been removed yet.

Login to Me Too

Vera01
Contributor
Contributor
You're right! My order just arrived yesterday and I already ordered 08.28.20018. to Austria. Actually it wasn't that slowly how I thought. So people just need to sweat it out until they have their items. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.