Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

cltg
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I did my investigation on this company before ordering. I swore I would never buy from another country again after a previous experience. I ordered a Waterproof Fork Tip Eyebrow Tattoo Pen 2 1/2 months ago. For the past 2 months I've been emailing this company, 5 or 6 times due to not receiving my order. They kept having one excuse or another. I also had no idea it was coming from China. They gave me 10% off ($1.23) due to the problems and assured it will be sent. I finally received it today after 2 1/2 months just to find out the pen was empty with no product in it. I'm done with hitting my head against a wall with this messed up company. I did email them but now they want an image of the package, image of the product bought and a video of the item. I can't believe they can get away with this! It's as if I have to prove I bought the item from them. 

Login to Me Too

Annette0
Contributor
Contributor
First the machine went to wrong house i report not coming . Then got a machine to cut weeds I did not work like it said it did . PayPal with not give me my money back
Login to Me Too

Fisherme
New Community Member

I purchased 3 sports bras size XXL. Took 2 months to receive them after PayPal got involved. However, when received they might fit a 12 year old.  No return address, packing slip, phone number,  nothing.  Tried to email but keeps coming back undeliverable.  

Login to Me Too

IAmJustTooCute
Contributor
Contributor
I "bought" some bras too. I'm so mad at myself! I will wait to receive them but if they are crap or tiny (Chinese people are tiny and I have to buy size 3xl from China, but these bras were actually measured in inches I think) I will open a complaint with PayPal though I guess I won't expect it to resolve in my favor. PayPal needs to ban this company!!!
Login to Me Too

Ariesgirl56
Contributor
Contributor
I also bought some bras on may 3 2019 and still haven't recieved them I would just like to be refunded . I spent about 41 and some change so if you can help me please let me know through my email. Thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ariesgirl56 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Freckles3
Contributor
Contributor
I did Not purchase anything from you Take this off my PayPal account now I'll put a fraud to pay pal if not taken care of. By the way what was I supposed to have bought for 25 somthing dollars.
Login to Me Too

Nicki74

I too, purchased the 'wonder cleaner and haven't received anything at all. I clicked on their link after an advert on Facebook. Facebook also needs to address who advertises on their site. I thought it would be ok to purchase especially as it seemed to be endorsed by Facebook. Woman Sad

Login to Me Too

cgoswalt1985
Contributor
Contributor
This is what happened to me! Im very unhappy! I wanna take this company down. I purchased the multipurpose cleaner off their Facebook website. I paid through PayPal and some how the address was changed to my prior address. I noticed right away. Sent an email to their customer support within 5 minutes so they could fix it with the proper address. I received an auto-reply telling me a customer service rep would be in touch. Well 48 hours later that Monday morning I got a reply stating that nothing could be done because it wasn't fixed within 24 hours of the mistake. Which was bull **bleep** because I did! Well I replied with if I'm not able to get the package that I purchased then I wanted to cancel my order and get my money back. I keep getting the auto-reply stating a ticket # has been created! Guys we need to do something about this company! We need to take them down for taking advantage of us! Any ideas??? I'll definitely do it
Login to Me Too

grammymidge

I just found this thread and am having similar dealings with them as everyone else has. Just posting to give a heads up. They are now selling under a new name - 5to9vivid. If you see any ads from this new company name run don't walk away from the product being sold..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.