Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

cgoswalt1985
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased the multipurpose cleaner off their Facebook website. I paid through PayPal and some how the address was changed to my prior address. I noticed right away. Sent an email to their customer support within 5 minutes so they could fix it with the proper address. I received an auto-reply telling me a customer service rep would be in touch. Well 48 hours later that Monday morning I got a reply stating that nothing could be done because it wasn't fixed within 24 hours of the mistake. Which was bull **bleep** because I did! Well I replied with if I'm not able to get the package that I purchased then I wanted to cancel my order and get my money back. I keep getting the auto-reply stating a ticket # has been created! Guys we need to do something about this company! We need to take them down for taking advantage of us! Any ideas??? I'll definitely do it
Login to Me Too

cltg
Contributor
Contributor

I have reported them to BBB, Consumer Affairs, Federal Trade Commision, Florida Attorney General, Trustpilot.com and probably a few more. The more complaints to the first four the better.  

Login to Me Too

cltg
Contributor
Contributor

My Eyebrow Tattoo pen finally came after waiting 21/2 mo. It was dried up.. nothing in it. Still waiting either Paypal to return money or them. I complained with FBI using the Complaint Referral Form Internet Crime Complaint Center, BBB, FTC, Trustpilot, Product Review and Ripoff Report. I want them banned from selling in the USA. They take your money and sell damaged goods.

Login to Me Too

CGGC
New Community Member

Exactly the same here - UK.

Took months to arrive, turned up empty.

I told the company within 48 hours and they requested photographic evidence and video.

I provided both then they proceeded to ignore me for a couple of weeks before saying the 10 day refund period had expired.

So ridiculous! 

After lots of back and forth during which they tried to get me to accept a replacement (another faulty item you can actually buy on Amazon for £2.99? No thanks), Paypal have asked me to ship this (empty) piece of plastic back to Hong Kong (environment anyone?), whereupon they will apparently refund me my $18.99 plus return shipping. Feeling a bit nervous about going to this effort...

Login to Me Too

cltg
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me! Product was dried up and empty and it took 2 1/2 to receive it.  I reported them to numerous places FTC, BBB, Trustpilot, Attorney General of Florida plus more. If more people would complain to them maybe something can be done. I have had it up to my neck with these oversea businesses ripping us off!   

Login to Me Too

RaquelRB
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem. Ordered an item and was never received.
Login to Me Too

MackLFuel
Contributor
Contributor

talk to paypal, they finally gave me a refund 

Login to Me Too

RaquelRB
Contributor
Contributor
I will. Thanks for the heads up on this.
Login to Me Too

SabinaS
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 2 items and they never arrived. When I asked for delivery details their email address was rejected twice, so I have no goods and paypal via the dispute reolution got me this info and closed the case. 

Tracking Company: Other
Tracking Number: RY945552459CN

How am I supposed to track the item without the delivery company name? Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

cottonjenny
Contributor
Contributor
No advice we just all got scammed, I trusted PayPal..Now I don't know ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.