Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Sheenalif
Contributor
Contributor

It's been one moth since I ordered. Received the tracking number for china-post, but the tracking says the label is created and this remain unchanged for the for the past 20 days. I am surprised that PayPal has not done anything about it despite so many users reporting it.

Login to Me Too

Krzjaz
Contributor
Contributor
Company is a scam Paypal profits off it so they won’t help Go through your bank or credit card and report them, dispute it
Login to Me Too

everettroom
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. I filed a claim with my bank. Facebook has too many scam ads.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
As long as these “companies” (scammers) continue to pay for advertising or conduct significant business through PayPal and Facebook, they will continue to operate without impunity. PayPal, Facebook & Instagram are literally taking hard earned money out of the pockets of the customers they claim to protect, then steamroll over our individual voices. Maybe a class-action lawsuit would shut Storm Media (and their various company names) down for good? What other power or recourse do we have?
Login to Me Too

Krzjaz
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely agree! I will pass it by an attorney we had success with in the past on Monday
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I have photos & documentation of the scam I fell victim to. I’d gladly send you the info or help in any way I can.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor

Also found that Storm Media has alerts & an “F” rating with the Better Business Bureau, here’s the Linkletter: <removed>

Login to Me Too

livig
New Community Member

Ordered oximeter from this company (Brilliare) on FaceBook.  The item arrived after 6 weeks and didn't work.  If you go to their website, there are no returns.  Wrote to the company and have heard nothing.  Stay away. .  

Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor

What is the website address? <Removed> is a scam “your phone has viruses!” address. Is that the site you visited? Are they related to Storm Media? Other known Storm Media sites include <Removed>. Storm Media has more than 625 complaints with the Better Business Bureau which has issued three consumer alerts and rates the company as “F”. In the BBB’s investigation, they found that Storm Media is operating with a fake US address while the company is actually in China (not California as claimed.)

Login to Me Too

everettroom
Contributor
Contributor
I never received my order. I disputed it with my bank but they denied me. They stole money from me as I see it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.