Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Petty2
Contributor
Contributor

You should get your money back! They are a fraud. They have been getting away with false advertising for long enough. I will just keep reporting every single one as a fraud on facebook. They will never see another dime from me again. Just beware that once people catch on to their BS, they change names of the company and start all over again. 

Login to Me Too

ReadyEddie
New Community Member

It's been twenty-one days and I have not heard from this company whom I purchased a 10 piece diamond double edge disc for cutting metal.  I'm thinking

this company is out of the country and shipping takes longer.  if they are scammers, how is it possible that Paypal don't know that since they have to apply for an account to sell? Paypal need to look into this before we all as customers loose trust in Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

eejay1973
Contributor
Contributor

137 pages of complaints about them on this PayPal forum and they still do nothing. They purchase everything from wish.com that's why things either take ages to arrive or in some cases never materialise. I hope that your in the minority of buyers who actually get their goods

Login to Me Too

agentn
New Community Member

Why does PAYPAL allow known scammers to continue to have an account with them? there are more than 500 complaints with the better business bureau and tons with paypal itself too. This is outrageous. 

Login to Me Too

Hally1
New Community Member
They are known to PayPal but they chose to ignore. PayPal should take responsibility.
Login to Me Too

Cardiag
Contributor
Contributor

i have get my order and not same as on advert, means not as described, still having problem with shipping order back, them are simple cheaters from China

Login to Me Too

Cecegi
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a concealer and paid 32.93. After almost two months instead the concealer I got a cheap skin cream. Contacted sel li er via email and all what they said was that the right product was mai li ed in the wrong package. Wrong package, wrong tube and of course wrong product, because it was not a concealer and did not work as a concealer. The seller did not accept they did wrong and denied any refund. I went to PayPal resolution center and after three weeks, they "solved" my case, asking me to return the product to HONG KONG, CHINA, in order to get a refund. PayPal asked t h.g.h at I must provided a tracking number. Well, I paid 32.93 and the postage to HK with a tracking number, via USPS was 44.00 USD. Of course I couldn't do it. So guess what, I cant get my money back. The seller is a scam, with multiple comp kn paints about fraud and scam and we, PayPal customers keep being victims of such seller, just because PayPal endorses them.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cecegi 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great items at 'bargain' prices ie tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Just wanted to add that Storm Media & their various sub-companies use targeted ads on Instagram (without an Instagram account) and Facebook. These ads are frequently run under a variety of names, some looking very legit until you read the policies and returns info. Even if you look up the company name, you may not find the bad reviews etc. My new personal policy is to never buy from ads period. If I want a product I’ve seen advertised, I will then buy it from a known & respected site such as Amazon or other retailers (Walmart, Target etc.) It’s just way too easy for these “companies” to change their names & make a new website. The last time I purchased from an ad, the website was an exact copy of a legit retailer with the name changed & contact info left blank. According to the Better Business Bureau, Storm Media is operating with a false Californian company address. They have done this to fool buyers in to thinking they are buying from the US and are subject to California’s stricter sales laws. That is the very definition of fraud.
Login to Me Too

bazzzzz5
New Community Member

PayPal keeps paying this company for low price items and we will not dispute small buys, PayPal must be getting a kick back or the company is owned by them. Called on a item I bought and they said they we're aware of the problem for many years and still pay them off.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.