Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Amanda571
Contributor
Contributor
Storm Media PayPal was name of the charge out of my bank acct. It says She Swish Ltd on my PayPal draft, however, I actually ordered off a website called Light Maroon. Apparently there are many websites linked to these scams....Smileyhomey, Sweet and Rosy, Pastel Beige, Got, Get, Gotten, and I’m sure many more!! So many complaints. It appears PayPal supports the fraudulent activity by tying up your money and making you jump through lots of hoops to attempt to get a refund. It appears most of the time the product isn’t delivered, but when it is, it’s crap or damaged and PayPal does not do anything. I have filed complaints w BBB. I’m going to my bank for the refund and planning to shut down PayPal. Way too many great businesses and financial institutions to deal w fraudulent companies and impossible refunds when the product never arrives. 🙄🤥😤 Shame on PayPal!
Login to Me Too

Krzjaz
Contributor
Contributor
AGREED SHAME ON YOU PAYPAL I HAVE HE SAME problem with she swish under pastel beige
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a teeth-whitening pen from Storm Media. When I received the package, there was no information, no label, no instructions, nothing. Just a silver pen without any markings identifying what it was or what it contained, nothing. After reporting the problem to PayPal including photos of the package & pen as evidence, PayPal ruled in Storm Media’s favor. I was shocked. Would anyone use a random silver pen on their teeth, knowing they would ingest some of the contents, but not knowing what it contained or how to safely use it? How would anyone know it’s supposedly for teeth whitening? Afterwards I investigated Storm Media & found that they were using stolen advertising images from another legitimate company. Further investigation brought me here and it’s obvious PayPal blindly rules in Storm Media’s favor. I can only surmise that PayPal does a tremendous amount of business with Storm and doesn’t care about the safety of their customers. Having unlabeled product that is intended for internal use is illegal, regardless of where the product was manufactured. Shame on you PayPal. Your claim that the safety of customers is your first priority is meaningless.
Login to Me Too

Krzjaz
Contributor
Contributor
Yes You are dead on! This company does this to EVERYONE Paypal does not care they make too much money off them Co fact the attorney general office and file a complaint!
Login to Me Too

jbloom89
Yes, I also just today found a charge for storm media. It doesn’t show up on my pay pal but it shows on my bank statement. I haven’t bought anything from them.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
I wish you the best of luck dealing with them in getting your money back. I recommend speaking directly with your bank & documenting everything, including the name of whom you speak to and the date and time of your calls. Not having to go through PayPal is actually an advantage for you as they protect Storm Media , no matter the illegality of the company and it’s “products.” Don’t wait for quarantine to end, either. Call today if you can. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Krzjaz
Contributor
Contributor
They also go by She Swish This company does this to EVERYONE Paypal does not care they make too much money off them Co fact the attorney general office and file a complaint!
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
I wish you the best of luck dealing with them in getting your money back. I recommend speaking directly with your bank and documenting everything, including the name of whom you speak to and the date and time of your calls. Not having to go through PayPal is actually an advantage for you as they protect Storm Media. Don’t wait for quarantine to end, either. Call today if you can. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

everettroom
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two orders from Storm Media on March 9, 2020 and have not received my merchandise.  I believe I was scammed by this company.  How can I get my money back.  The charges were for $42.50 and $20.96.

Login to Me Too

Krzjaz
Contributor
Contributor
Dispute through your bank or credit card because paypal is useless they have know for years this is a scam and they do NOT help, paypal has know for years but since that profit they allow it to happen
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.