Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bazzzzz5 

PayPal keeps paying them (and receive their PayPal fees and refund fees) because this company keeps on selling/getting customers and opening new sites and closing badly reputed ones. But PayPal sees the other side of the coin though, its not just about making money of the company. There are factors to consider: language barrier (they are China/HK based) so their response to customers may be iffy and they certainly do provide tracking numbers for items not received claims and refunds for returned merchandise for SNAD claims aka resolve disputes however imperfect and not ideal the solution may be from the customers' point of view.

Small/cheap buys is how these Chinese drop-shipping sites make their money. Stick to the tried and true stores, you may pay a little more of course but at least you get customer service, better quality merchandise and quicker shipping.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

csaint22
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. I have been ripped off by them. Shocked PayPal still collaborates with them PayPal is supposed to protect, not participate in fraud.
Login to Me Too

Tomika1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it must be a fraud. Unfortunately I transferred 45.98 USD on Aug 6, 2019 ,Transaction

ID 24J032596B784583E, and the ordered travel case has never been delivered.

Login to Me Too

Ellenr58
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered some makeup 2-3 bottles of concealer and August around 1 August and have never received anything can’t track it tracking number was not found just please don’t order from this company storm media Limited it is a big fraud!!! I was only out 40 something dollars but that’s not the point
Login to Me Too

Sashka1
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve Ben charge on 08/20 for per glasses 25.96$ then newer received those.
Login to Me Too

netsebring41
Order dog training aid it took a month to come got it today bottle empty PayPal took my money will I get my money back
Login to Me Too

wwxxyyz
New Community Member

What a rip off. Ordered a product for my car. Only instructions were in Chinese therefore I don't know how to use it properly

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wwxxyyz 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

I certainly would not buy from them for an item for my car !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hab19
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I had a problem last year where they say I ordered one of those talking hampsters which i did not place the order

Login to Me Too

Tpaulk
Contributor
Contributor
I have just reviewed my recent bank statement and noticed a charge from Storm Media for $250.00. I have no idea about this company, nor the reason for the charge. I will email my bank, as well, but wanted to make a report here.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.