Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Shelby29

Payments are sent to Storm Media Limited, the purchases I made were supposedly through Homeyshopper.   The orders were never received.   I was receiving reply emails regarding 2 purchases  I made on 1/15/19 & 1/21/19.  I received shipping information, which apparently is not valid because I always get the message "Label created, not yet in system".  As of 3/8/19 they have stopped responding to my emails.  I put a dispute in with Pay Pal.  Now I just have to wait & see.    I am beginning to believe Homeyshopper company & any company associated with Storm Media Limited are shams.  Live & learn.  I will never order anything again from an advertisement on Facebook. 

Login to Me Too

mijolu3
Contributor
Contributor
My charges were unauthorized, but PayPal SHOULD help you, especially since they’ve KNOWN that this “company”, “Storm Media Limited” is fraudulent for months now. You would think that every time PayPal sees a charge through this company, they would notify the person, at least giving them the option of whether or not they want to proceed.
Login to Me Too

chayito1009
New Community Member

My question is, if they are a fraud company and from everything that I have read they are, why does PAYPAL still do business with them? I have also ordered merchandise from this site and have not received it as of yet, it has been over 2 weeks already! I cannot find a customer number for them either, but PAYPAL was quick to take my money out of my account! 

@Danna24 wrote:
So sorry you were also a victim of this unscrupulous company. They have several names the do ads under. Basically what people need to do is NEVER purchase anything from ads on Instagram or Facebook where they do the majority of their advertising. There merchandise is cheap junk and even though they claim it can be returned, they don't put any return information with the item you purchased nor do they respond to emails, or the email address given is a false on. Also, the tracking numbers they give is bogus and cannot be tracked. Many people never get the items they purchased and Storm Media claims it was mailed and won't refund the buyer. This has got to be one of the biggest fraudulent advertising companies I've ever run across. I can't understand why they haven't been legally stopped!

Login to Me Too

SteveW7599
Contributor
Contributor

I have just complained to FB about Storm Media and asked why they let these scum bags advertise

Login to Me Too

raelconie221
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve log in to my paypal account today and notice Storm media limited charge me $19,94 for the ? I purchase from them.. didn’t buy anything at all .. Is paypal doing something about this ??
Login to Me Too

daninnj
Contributor
Contributor
This is all true, yet PayPal continues to take payments for this fraudulent company and does not honor their purchase protection policy. So I would suggest not buying from these companies and not using PayPal if you expect may purchase protection.
Login to Me Too

JohnM51
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a LED chargeable razor trimmer advertised on Facebook which looked good by the video. I placed the order on May 10th, account was debited May 13th. Waited 3.5 weeks no product. I filed a claim with PayPal after emailing to the seller with no response. . The seller finally sent me the product on June 16th. PayPal then denied the claim since Storm Media stated that the product had been sent. After opening the product the charging cable plug is too big to fit in to the razor for charging. There is no information on the product as to what company made the product or a number to call. I guess I am out $26. Hopefully Storm Media will respond with my email to settle this issue.

Never order anything off Facebook advertisements. 

Login to Me Too

janieclare
Contributor
Contributor

I've been stung by this company too. Goods not received yet they claim to have Royal Mail tracking confirmation that it was delivered, and PayPal closed my case in their favour! Have reported to action fraud. Response emails come from "getyourluckhere" sums them up really!

I have learnt the hard way - DO NOT BUY FROM ANYONE ADVERTISING ON FACEBOOK!

Login to Me Too

Cecegi
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, Storm Media Limited is a fraud and is a scam. I bought a concealer and paid 32.93. What I received iwas some kind of very cheap cream in a box labeled as "Yilumei, essence cream. They claimed the product was correct, but packed in the wrong box... Totally unacceptable. I tried what they claimed was my concealer and of course it did not work. I am frustrated, feeling scammed and trying to get support from PayPal in order to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

LeonsQueen
Contributor
Contributor
They also go by lazylullaby. I ordered 78 days ago and have only gotten the runaround. No refund and the tracking number provided says my order was delivered in Montrose, Va.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.