Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dankydoo12 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thepeejer
Contributor
Contributor

This company is totally fraudulent, and thus far, Paypal has been completely unhelpful. I followed an ad from Facebook (never again!) to a car cell phone holder/display. I looked at the shipping costs (and more reviews) and decided not to purchase it and left the page (having never authorized any purchase). Out of the blue, three weeks later, it arrives in a box. No receipt in the box or return address. (I also obviously never received a receipt in my email.) I look at my Paypal account, and boom!, there's the charge. I contact Paypal. "Sir, you can send the item, back." "Ma'am, there's no return address," I say. "This was a charge that was not authorized." I even directed her to this thread that has been going on for about a year and a half. She opens a case with all of my information and assures me they will get back to me with with a resolution. I tried to be patient and wait for as response. So, a month and a half later, I call back. Paypal tells me the case was closed weeks ago. Their reason, "The seller tried to contact you several times, but you did not respond so we closed the case." Without contacting me? I mean, really? They are a fraudulent company! Of course they didn't try to contact me! So, after being transferred up the food chain, they reopened the case again. Apparently Paypal listed the first claim as "buyer's remorse." Again, really??? I had no remorse. It was a fraudulent charge. At this point, they tell me they will reopen the case and try to contact the company so they can provide me with a return shipping address so I can send the item back that's still in a box, months later, in my closet. I said, "That's exactly what I was told Paypal was going to do when I originally opened the case. How will this be any different?" *crickets chirping* Now I am waiting again for some resolution that I doubt will happen before I close my account.

Login to Me Too

TRoe59
Contributor
Contributor

I bought this two toned waterproof concealer out of Hong Kong and it didn’t come with any instructions. Has anyone ordered and received this product?

Login to Me Too

just1jeanne
New Community Member

I bought the concealer and have no idea what to do to use it.  This is not an unusual situation for me. I buy products that come from Asia and I receive them and there are no instructions in English. If they want us for this market wouldn’t it make sense to add our language to the instructions. Our money is apparently Therefore instructions in our language should be included as a matter of respect.

Login to Me Too

Grandmaof7
Contributor
Contributor
I qas charged 26.62 for a bra and I have never recieved it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grandmaof7 

Did you read my post directly above yours?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hab19
Contributor
Contributor

I am surprised this company is still in business with all the fraudulent sells they get away with

Login to Me Too

1971karen
New Community Member
I ordered a magnetic phone cover. 7-12-19. $20.96 through PayPal. No communication, item not received.
Login to Me Too

taviles63
Contributor
Contributor
I also am a victim of Storm Media Limited what do I need to do to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@taviles63 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.