Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lovewitatwist 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

daninnj
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will rule in favor of Storm Media every time and close the dispute. So this is bad advice. Go to your credit card company and dispute before the dispute window closes. If you paid direct from your bank account, then sorry, the money is lost. 

Login to Me Too

Chandler54
New Community Member
I purchased a supposedly steam straightener & it turned out to be a small toy. I'm very disappointed, it's a thing I only spent $20 for it. I will never order online again.
Login to Me Too

RuteÁguas
I didn't receive neither the product neither the devolution is the money I've paid. The PayPal said to me that their can't make the devolution because I didn't respond to an email that I didn't receive. I asked, how can I respond to the email if I didn't receive it. The said they don't have anything to do with it... So I not also loose my money as I did not receive anything...
Login to Me Too

aadiab
Contributor
Contributor
I submitted a claim today with my bank. I will never let storm media goes away with my money even if I will pay the whole refund on shipping it back to country of scammers, China!
Login to Me Too

isensmith
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: 

i posted here a few weeks back when i was sure i'd gotten scammed too. i then opened a dispute with Paypal and proceeded to escalate it to a claim. As soon as i escalated it Storm Media responded with a tracking number for my order. Checking on the tracking shows me that the shipment didn't start until the same day they replied with the tracking number, leaves me to believe if i'd taken no action it would never have been shipped at all. However, still have to wait and see if it actually gets here. Will let you know...

Login to Me Too

Mbso1088
New Community Member

I ordered some plugs from them. I complained I never received them then they came. The boxes were smashed up I plugged in and it sparked. I filed a complate  with PayPal they didn’t rule in my favor. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM 

Login to Me Too

Fishing817
Contributor
Contributor
Fed up to the back teeth of my issue I ordered caulk tape on the 29th of April and never got my parcel emailed storm Media several times about this but they obviously are not interested got intouch with citazens advice been intouch with PayPal and still not got my £25.69 back through PayPal, I think storm Media are trying to God PayPal off by saying I've had the parcel and I have one hundred percent not had a parcel off them I won't let this go until them scamsters storm Media give me my money back , absolutely Disgusting how I've been treated 😡😡😡😡might as well have got my £25.69 and just thrown it in the bin I've looked them up and they've scammed a lot of other people for money and they never got there parcel same as me
Login to Me Too

eejay1973
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, storm media gave paypal a tracking number of a different item they sent me for an item that still has not been received but because they showed a tracking number that had been delivered I'm seriously out of pocket. STORM MEDIA ARE FRAUSTERS AND LIE AND CHEAT PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR HARD EARNED CASH!!!!!

PAYPAL YOU MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE OR YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE MEMBERS/CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Dankydoo12
I ordered two items from this company and never received them can I be refunded please.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.