Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Chase11
Contributor
Contributor

I brought a item from them in may 2019 but never received it. I have emailed them and they are refusing to refund the money.

I started a claim with PayPal but they sent them tracking info so paypal have refused to refund me.

After paypal refused to refund me I emailed them again and they sent me the tracking info and it was in another language so I emailed them saying I only speak English, then they sent me an English version but the tracking number did not exist.

They are now telling me my post office has it here but they dont.

I have now reported them to action fraud as they have taken my money and as far as I'm concerned that's theft

with all these complaints about this company why is paypal not doing anything about this. They say it's safe to use paypal but they are letting the customers get ripped off and not looking after us.

Login to Me Too

kimberlyfujioka
Contributor
Contributor

Great job! How do I report them to action fraud? Can you share their website or information? 

Login to Me Too

DeeKris
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i 1000% agree.... i paid $20.98 for 4 in 1 wireless bluetooth selfie stick . The transaction was made on June 30 and until today ( July 15) i have not received the item. I think Paypal should block and do something about this company and refund our money please. Thank you so much .
Login to Me Too

Chase11
Contributor
Contributor

I have just phoned paypal and they are refunding my money even though they closed the case.

I am still waiting for action fraud to contact me as to weather or not they have a case against this company but if they do they have informed me that if they do the police will be called in. Let's hope this is the case and we can protect others from this company, I have also told paypal that they need to do more as this company have been ripping off people using them for over a year now

Login to Me Too

rrthebride
New Community Member

I ordered from storm media limited mushroom cookies. Paid them through paypal smedia $20.96 is this company real or a scammer.

Login to Me Too

SueT1
New Community Member
I returned bras to them May 22nd. Paid 23.50 to ship to China to get 44.91 refund. Have not received refund.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SueT1 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also have you activated the below link to help with your shipping costs?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eejay1973
Contributor
Contributor
No help at all. Storm media are theiving, lying fraudsters who should be shut down. Oh and they buy everything they sell from wish.com and inflate the price massively and try getting hold of them by email, it's impossible!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

mkb74
Contributor
Contributor

It is unreal that PayPal continues to take our money and give it to these thieves that go by many names.  PayPal bares some of the blame if you ask me!

132 PAGES of complaints!  Yet PayPal thinks they are an honorable company!  I have cut my usage of PayPal greatly due to their support of this company and not honouring their Buyer promise.

Login to Me Too

witchwind
New Community Member
I have not had a problem with Storm Media in the past. But I have not received my bra order for over a month.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.