cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Contributor

Re: Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

I spent $58 USD on mould remover about a month ago and the company are claiming it has been delivered but I haven’t received anything. I’m currently trying to sort it out with the transport company and I’m trying to report it through PayPal but first trying to get in contact with the supplier through PayPal, ideally I would like a refund
Highlighted
Contributor

Kiss your money goodbye sadly. PayPal won’t help you
Esteemed Advisor

@KathrynH5 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Ignore those that say its a waste of time, its worth trying as loads have been refunded, each 'case' is different. If not try your c.c. issuer?

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

This company is definitely a fraud.  Am happy to report that I spoke to Paypal directly, explained the situation, provided screen shots of the false tracking link etc and got a full refund from Paypal

New Community Member

Storm Media dba Zarya Labs

Ordered a woman's genuine leather backpack for $28. USD.  It came yesterday.  It is a child's size, cheap, thin, vinyl, not leather, and weighs about 2 ozs.!

I tried emailing their customer service, and it was undeliverable.  Bogus email.  I then read their terms of agreement and found an email for their legal department, which is also bogus!

I tracked down my paypal receipt and got the email address my money was sent to, and wrote to that address.  I received an email saying "sorry, we do not offer refunds unless you didn't receive or it was damaged".  So, I am out of luck and stuck with this piece of garbage.  The photos are a lie on their site.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!  THEY ARE RIP OFF ARTISTS AND PAYPAL SHOULD NOT BE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM.  

New Community Member

Storm media

Are there any good reviews on this company?
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Storm media

@Sunshinenchilli 

Plenty of spotty reviews on them but if you're willing to deal with the possibility of returning your item back to china, loss of amount spent, no communication, slow delivery then have at it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

I too made a purchase from Storm Media for $75.28 on April 28, 19. Have not received what I ordered nor have received any communications of any kind!! I’m beginning to think that i’ve been scammed! I think PayPal should start doing a better job of policing and vetting who is allowed to use their service!! If I don’t hear something soon, i’ll Be filing a complaint with the BBB!
Contributor

I created a dispute over non delivery of an item, with PayPal. My story is that, without consultation or checking, PayPal accepted Storm Medias response to them that it had been sent. A tracking number was placed in the disputed transaction details. I checked in Australia Post tracking and it had not been received into country. This is almost 5 months after the purchase in November last year. Paypal call it case decided not in my favour. Yet Australia Post clearly states this tracking number is not in Australia. PayPal is not as secure as it says and I am looking into alternatives. I am not happy with PayPal at the moment
Contributor

I created a dispute over non delivery of an item, with PayPal. My story is that, without consultation or checking, PayPal accepted Storm Medias response to them that it had been sent. A tracking number was placed in the disputed transaction details. I checked in Australia Post tracking and it had not been received into country. This is almost 5 months after the purchase in November last year. Paypal call it case decided not in my favour. Yet Australia Post clearly states this tracking number is not in Australia. PayPal is not as secure as it says and I am looking into alternatives. I am not happy with PayPal at the moment
Tags (3)