Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Sunshinenchilli
New Community Member
Are there any good reviews on this company?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sunshinenchilli 

Plenty of spotty reviews on them but if you're willing to deal with the possibility of returning your item back to china, loss of amount spent, no communication, slow delivery then have at it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RozM
New Community Member

Ordered a woman's genuine leather backpack for $28. USD.  It came yesterday.  It is a child's size, cheap, thin, vinyl, not leather, and weighs about 2 ozs.!

I tried emailing their customer service, and it was undeliverable.  Bogus email.  I then read their terms of agreement and found an email for their legal department, which is also bogus!

I tracked down my paypal receipt and got the email address my money was sent to, and wrote to that address.  I received an email saying "sorry, we do not offer refunds unless you didn't receive or it was damaged".  So, I am out of luck and stuck with this piece of garbage.  The photos are a lie on their site.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!  THEY ARE RIP OFF ARTISTS AND PAYPAL SHOULD NOT BE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM.  

Login to Me Too

LizaD1
I too made a purchase from Storm Media for $75.28 on April 28, 19. Have not received what I ordered nor have received any communications of any kind!! I’m beginning to think that i’ve been scammed! I think PayPal should start doing a better job of policing and vetting who is allowed to use their service!! If I don’t hear something soon, i’ll Be filing a complaint with the BBB!
Login to Me Too

bearclan
Contributor
Contributor
I created a dispute over non delivery of an item, with PayPal. My story is that, without consultation or checking, PayPal accepted Storm Medias response to them that it had been sent. A tracking number was placed in the disputed transaction details. I checked in Australia Post tracking and it had not been received into country. This is almost 5 months after the purchase in November last year. Paypal call it case decided not in my favour. Yet Australia Post clearly states this tracking number is not in Australia. PayPal is not as secure as it says and I am looking into alternatives. I am not happy with PayPal at the moment
Login to Me Too

bearclan
Contributor
Contributor
I created a dispute over non delivery of an item, with PayPal. My story is that, without consultation or checking, PayPal accepted Storm Medias response to them that it had been sent. A tracking number was placed in the disputed transaction details. I checked in Australia Post tracking and it had not been received into country. This is almost 5 months after the purchase in November last year. Paypal call it case decided not in my favour. Yet Australia Post clearly states this tracking number is not in Australia. PayPal is not as secure as it says and I am looking into alternatives. I am not happy with PayPal at the moment
Login to Me Too

PINKYDINKY24
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 3 bras over a month ago for 32.00. I still havent received these. I emailed them several times now and no reply back. If this company is not legit why aren't they stopped!!!
Login to Me Too

Iammaka
Contributor
Contributor
That is exactly my point! They have literally thousands of complaints. Google them. This is why I think PayPal is part of their scam. I paid with my PayPal credit card. ANY legit credit card company would help protect their customers. I bought my bras off a FB add which has since removed them and has listed them as a fraudulent company
Login to Me Too

Zee04
Contributor
Contributor

I as well had charges for this company on my account, however, PayPal denied my claim and went ahead and paid them. PayPal claimed that the purchase was normal for me, WTF does that mean?? Now I have a $21 charge and no confirmation from Storm Media Limited on this supposed purchase. 

Login to Me Too

Cristian123184
Contributor
Contributor
I don get the product I ordered
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.