Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Iammaka
Contributor
Contributor
I have appealed two claim totaling $50. The bras are just ridiculous in their fit. This company has 100 complaints with Pay Pal, Oregon BBB 386 complaints in the last 12 months. Fraud alerts on Amazon, Trust Pilot and online Fraud Alert and Facebook (where I purchased items). I have asked PalPay to help protect their customers and quit funding their transactions. Is someone working in PayPal connected with them? I have over 300 five star ebay reviews for being a good customer, never behind on my PayPal account. At this point I have zero trust in PayPal. They should behave like any other credit card with a serious issue. I will pay off my account ASAP and close it. I want them to at least protect future purchases from fraudulent companies. I will miss them. It has been so convenient for years
Login to Me Too

Soniev
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having a problem with Storm Media....I did not authorize a transaction and they charged my paypal account anyway. I tried to go through the resolution center and they say it is a good purchase and they won't refund my money....This is so ridiculous!!!! I opened a case and Paypal closed without resolving it!!!!

Login to Me Too

holleyeqp4
Contributor
Contributor

Unreal Unicorn, I ordered 3 XL bras that took 7 weeks to receive and I opened the package to find 3 XXXS bras! They are a joke! 

Login to Me Too

Iammaka
Contributor
Contributor

I actually am wondering if it is even legal to be a funding source for a known, proven and fraudulent company. Anyone have any idea on who I can report PayPal credit to for questioning?  How is this possible unless PayPal is connected with the scam. Just do the right and moral thing PayPal and cut these people off and help warn your customers

Login to Me Too

PINKYDINKY24
Contributor
Contributor
I have recently received package from storm media limited. Every thing is good!! I hope it works out for others .
Login to Me Too

Licourt
New Community Member
I just had 2 different charges by this company that I did not authorize one for $25 the other for $33 both with change and I reported it to the resolution center and pay pal responded with case closed that I did make the purchase. I've been trying to communicate with them to investigate further and now finding this they absolutely better refund the money to myself and everyone else because it's obviously a scam
Login to Me Too

Iammaka
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck getting your money back. Thousands of scams from Storm Media. I purchased from a FB ad which has since removed them for being a fraudulent company. Google Storm Media. Why PayPal is not help us is unexplainable unless they are somehow connected.

Login to Me Too

Ashley1955
New Community Member
I got a package in the mail from China and was so confused. I opened it and its drain cleaner? I never bought drain cleaner and especially feon China! Looked at all my cc accounts and finally found it on PayPal. The problem is I never authorized this transaction let alone I have no clue where or when this would have beenCharged.
Login to Me Too

LorriL
New Community Member

I wish I had checked before I ordered. Of course it was a scam. I never received the items. And PayPal decided in their favor since they provided a tracking number. I think I’m done using PayPal. This is now the second thing I’ve ordered that I haven’t received, and I order tons of things and received all but 2 of them yet PayPal decided in the sellers favor. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LorriL 

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then maybe contact your card issuer for a chargeback?

You can 'change' a dispute from non receipt TO not as described but if you file a non receipt dispute too quickly and don't give it time to arrive then sadly you won't get that option.

BUT I would definately contact customer services and say you opened one for INR but when it arrived it was SNAD and see if they will help you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.