Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

ChloeA

I got careless and failed to check customer reviews of this company before I ordered a $20 item on March 30. The seller gave me a non-working tracking number for Canada Post, and I'm in the U.S. After repeated attempts to get them to ship the item I filed a complaint with PayPal. Just today, June 15, there is a working tracking number which says the item has been accepted for shipment in China. It remains to be seen whether I'll actually receive anything, and whether the quality will be so poor as to make the item useless. Worst experience I've ever had ordering anything online in about 15 or 20 years.

Login to Me Too

mkamarck
New Community Member

I am also having trouble with fraud with this company. 

I began an order through them, but discontinued the order before confirming that I wanted to pay them. Therefore, the order should not have gone through. They still charged my paypal. I filed a dispute through paypal,  and now instead of dealing with the issue at hand (that they charged me without my permission), paypal is making them send me a product that I did not want and did not agree to pay for. 

The company should be disbanded from paypal for their fraudulent activity. 

Login to Me Too

Sara1104
Contributor
Contributor

Isnt this the whole reason to use paypal?  To keep us safe from scams and get our money back if there is one?

Login to Me Too

Deb0460
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly. I’ve just been scammed by this mob. I thought because it had PayPal it would be safe. Well it seems that’s not the case anymore. I won’t be trusting PayPal payments anymore.
Login to Me Too

Haz17
Contributor
Contributor
Aftet ordering but NOT CONFIRMING THE ORDER I have been told by PayPal that this action was not none unauthorised and that I am liable for any costs lost! The thing that gets me the most is that it had my old address on there and if I was going to go ahead with the purchase surely I would have use my brain and change the address to where I live now?! I trusted Paypal to look after me and my money and they have done nothing to help me at all I advise everybody to stay away from storm Media Ltd or whatever it claims to be because you will lose every single penny! PayPal sucks!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haz17 

Reported it under wrong reason. Unauthorized Payment is when someone accessed your PayPal account and made this transaction without your permission or knowledge, but you actually logged on to PayPal checked out and placed the order, even though there is a problem with it. I think there's a billing error option.

If the order is not confirmed, perhaps merchant can't or haven't claimed the authorized funds yet. Is the transaction marked as Pending still? Pending authorizations expire on their own in 30 days. If it is marked completed...it's too bad because Storm Media customer service is rather awful at responding to customers but if you paid with card, contact card issuer to dispute it. If Storm Media shipped your order, it'll get returned to them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Frankie19
Contributor
Contributor
I’m sorry but you volunteer advisors do not have a clue what you are talking about and do not fully understand the issues customers are having You just need to read the thousands of comments on the community pages to get an understanding of what is happening when people are accessing these Facebook ad pages and being ripped off by this company and PayPal and that PayPal are not even investigating the thousands of complaints . It appears that PayPal are in cahoots with this company and are successfully aiding this company in ripping off its thousands of PayPal customers by not allowing customers to cancel these payments and claim refunds when they are drawn from a customers PayPal account in such a dubious manner .
Login to Me Too

Frankie19
Contributor
Contributor
I’m sorry but you volunteer advisors do not have a clue what you are talking about and do not fully understand the issues customers are having You just need to read the thousands of comments on the community pages to get an understanding of what is happening when people are accessing these Facebook ad pages and being ripped off by this company and PayPal and that PayPal are not even investigating the thousands of complaints . It appears that PayPal are in cahoots with this company and are successfully aiding this company in ripping off its thousands of PayPal customers by not allowing customers to cancel these payments and claim refunds when they are drawn from a customers PayPal account in such a dubious manner .
Login to Me Too

Deb0460
Contributor
Contributor
I had this happen to me. I was going to order from them but after signing in to my PayPal I decided not too. So I left PayPal site without confirming order. Then later on I have a email saying my order was accepted and had been pay for by PayPal. How can they pay for an order I didn’t accept. So I left it. Took 2 months for something to arrive. Was nothing like what I apparently ordered and is just a waste of money. $30 down the drain. PayPal should be ashamed of themselves.
Login to Me Too

melnicstan
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same experience - I logged in with Paypal to see the cost of shipping, as the sneaky b*stards won't tell you this cost without you giving them your email and ALL personal details or logging into Paypal; decided the cost was too high and I could find it cheaper on ebay; and closed the page, I didn't even progress through to the next page to confirm my order.

How can we take this as a gateway issue to Paypal? Logging into Paypal should not be license to force the order through; Paypal should require a firm action from us, require an order confirmation, not just wave anything through once we're logged in.

I've started using my bank details instead of Paypal where possible. I don't trust Paypal anymore. If a business has found a workaround for the confirmation requirement they have a responsibility to protect their customers, but based on their lack of response to this thread and the continuous stream of people saying that the same thing happened to them, they really do not care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.