Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Frankie19
Contributor
Contributor
All I can say is that you will not get any joy out of PayPal as it appears they are in cahoots with Storm media and they treat PayPal users as idiots and you will probably not get a refund
Login to Me Too

1stpicturelady
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase from Storm Media Limited the are in CHINA! They advertise extremely well! But when you get their products there’s no Instructions at all! Two of the items I purchased they state have been delivered, but I never received them. The third item was crushed and it took so long for me to receive it that I forgot what the heck it was. When I tried to get my money back PayPal wouldn’t give me a refund. Anything over 30 days you can’t get a refund. I’m sick yo death of filling out forms to debate this. I will never use PayPal again. I checked the BBB and both PayPal and Storm Media Limited have been reported. I’m a widow, veteran, and senior citizen and feel taken advantage of.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1stpicturelady 

Everyone and their grandma is setting up shop and selling online. Stick to the tried and true names and merchants you can trust. You can kinda tell who is Chinese seller or not, they have a characteristic to them after awhile of being observant, even if they advertise they are located in the USA! Type of goods, price, how their website looks (bad grammar, weird grammar, typos).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

julieo
Contributor
Contributor

This is the message I sent PayPal when I opened the dispute:

"On 4/19/2019 I ordered 3 bras from ad displayed in my Facebook newsfeed. I received several emails from THE VIRAL BEST company confirming the order and advising it was being packed to ship. That was on 4/22/2019. I had no idea this was shipping from China - and now I see the seller email listed on my PayPal account is different from the actual emails I have received. STORM MEDIA LIMITED is on my PayPal transaction but yet, VIRAL BEST is what is on the ad and the emails sent to me. I did write to inquire about order on 5/20 and received email from Viral Best that they were checking up on it. I sent a second email on 5/22 - and as of today, 5/25 I have not received any further replies. I tried attaching a copy of each email, but they are all EML files and won't save to your Resolution page. I would like to have my monies refunded by PayPal, as it has been over a month since I placed initial order."

As of today 6/11/2019 at 10:45PM I STILL have NOT received the order - and after scrolling thru over 2000 complaints about this company (and their alter ego: THE VIRAL BEST - and others... it has become very clear to me that either i will receive something of poor quality and don't want, or never get it - even tho they did provide a tracking number that suddenly appeared on 6/3 (Where WAS this order from 4/19 to 6/3?????)

BUT what concerns me more is the fact that PayPal hasn't done anything about them - and hasn't stood by the buyer in a lot of cases. 

I am still waiting for PayPal to complete my Request for Resolution (they have till end of June).  But frankly I want my money back... not the crap from China. 

Here's hoping PayPal does the right thing for me.... will post the final results after 6/30.

Login to Me Too

Frankie19
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a refund from storm media or PayPal to be honest as it appears that PayPal is in cahoots with this company as they appear to be chucking out all claims about this company and are ruling in favour of them all the time and not in favour of the PayPal so called buyers
Login to Me Too

Jmsbx
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear that you have been duped like the rest of us.  I started a complaint and the 2nd week I received an inferior product, like a child woud use but electrical, it was a flat iron. I tried to continue the complaint bc I didn't want to drop, I still felt I didn't receive the product I paid for.  Paypal said I received the item and droppedd my case. So I should of started a new complaint, but was just fed up. waisted 19 bucks. This was back in May.  And I saw a new advertisement, same video but different name and even higher price. This video is connected with a game app I use frequently,WordScapes that connects to facebook. If you received an inferior product start a new complaint. This is a huge scam Paypal,Facebook and these game apps must get something out of it, bc it has not been stopped even after all these complaints.

Login to Me Too

littleanne1

Hey Paypal,

You have thousands of Paypal users in this community forum complaining that this company, Storm Media (and all of the names under which it does business), is a fraud and has scammed people out of both their money and any items they may have ordered. I have a few important questions for you.

1) Why do you continue to allow Storm Media to do business through the Paypal platform when you have SUCH CLEAR EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE ENGAGING IN ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES?

2) When a Paypal user reports a fraudulent charge, why do you deny their claim and put the charge through anyway?

2b) And why is your system is set up to refuse to allow the users to add evidence to their claim or file another complaint regarding the same transaction?

3) Who exactly are you providing a service to in this instance? It sure seems that your preference is heavily weighted toward a company you *know* is literally stealing from your users.

4) WTAF?

5) Do I expect that you will delete this rather than answering my questions? Oh yes, I do.

6) Have I taken appropriate steps to ensure that this comment/question lives on on the internet even after you delete it? Oh yes, I have.

Thank you for your time

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@littleanne1 

I doubt they will delete it, why would they, you haven't broken any forum rules and they haven't removed the posts of everyone else that has posted about that company.

But just one point, you say that thousands have posted on this forum..........maybe......that aside paypal is a business so if they get millions of transactions completed via storm media and only a few thousand where things go wrong then i guess as a business they are going to keep using them.

Personally i buy nothing from China as its normally tat anyway.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KarineTrudel
Contributor
Contributor

I've been frauded too.
There is a lot of people who do not know how to do complains.
There is at least 30 unsatisfied customers for 1 complain. It, by itself, says alot.

Login to Me Too

grannyapple1
Contributor
Contributor

I found a transaction on my paypal for this company that I don’t recognise and don’t recall ordering or receiving anything from them. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.