cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Contributor

Re: Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

I also placed an order with Storm Media Limited and never received it, I guess next time I’ll read reviews before I order anything.
New Community Member

Storm Media Limited Scam

I clicked through a Facebook ad about a "universal" phone holder for the car, and before I confirmed I even wanted the item, processed my payment. It showed up on PayPal as Storm Media Limited. Only after I tried to get PayPal to help me force them to accept a return of the item for a refund, I was given a HONG KONG address for the return, although the package was sent from a UNITED STATES address: TOM <removed>, Modern Boutique INC, <removed>, City of Industry, CA 91789. 

Scammy. Lesson learned. 

Esteemed Advisor

Re: Storm Media Limited Scam

@Sermonator 

Always best to check 2 things when you buy from a website or Facebook etc.

1. If they have no actual contact phone number and only a webmail contact address then thats the first warning sign.

2. If they have 0 return shipping address listed on their site.

A company may have lots of depots in various countries for despatch of goods but return of goods may go to a central depot in another country so buyer beware.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Yeah, well a little too late for many of us. I don't think we are here to see you telling us how we should have avoided being scammed, the bottom line is we buy through PayPal because I thought, and correct me if I'm wrong, but that PayPal offered protection from seller fraud. So, many of us are writing about how we got ripped off and PayPal refuses to do anything about it. 

Esteemed Advisor

@Zee04 

Well the fact you were scammed has nothing to do with me HOWEVER I posted the advice so others 'may' see it and avoid the same pitfalls.

This forum is for advice so excuse me if I am wrong....I posted some.

May be too late for you so open a dispute or do a chargeback but that should not prevent me and others posting advice on how NOT to get scammed.

New Community Member

Just the other day, I was looking at their astrologcal ring that popped up. I was interested in purchasing it, and had started out clicking on PayPal. Suddenly I decided not to purchase it, and signed out of PayPal. Much to my surprise, the charge is showing up in my bank account!
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Did you not read what we have been saying??? I, like countless of others, have already attempted to open a dispute only to have PayPal deny it. Being scammed while it is a major problem, this is not the issue! The issue is that PayPal is ignoring this fact. And again I ask which you failed to address, why is PayPal allowing this POS company to continue scamming people? SO unless you have anything useful to add to this conversation or have a solution to how we can ALL get our money back, please stop reminding us how we allowed ourselves to be scammed. 

Esteemed Advisor

@Zee04 

I did read what you said.

Whether or not you get a refund via paypal OR what paypal should or should not do is irrelevant to my post above.

I gave advice on how to save folks getting scammed in the first place which for some reason you took exception to.

If even x1 person read that post and then didn't buy from a scam company then it was worth posting.

I couldn't care less about justifying what paypal should or should not do...I just post advice to try and stop the scams in the first place or should I have ignored this one just now as well?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/Help-with-identifying-whether-e-mail-is-from-PayPa...

Contributor

I placed an order for two items and when I hit complete order from pay pal this company had added two items to my order that I had not even viewed much less ordered. I tried to cancel the order through pay pal but found that I was not able to so I have had to file a complaint and demand a refund of my money.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Contributor

All I can say is that you will not get any joy out of PayPal as it appears they are in cahoots with Storm media and they treat PayPal users as idiots and you will probably not get a refund
Tags (1)