cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Contributor

Re: Storm Media Limited Scam

@kernowlass 

Did you not read what we have been saying??? I, like countless of others, have already attempted to open a dispute only to have PayPal deny it. Being scammed while it is a major problem, this is not the issue! The issue is that PayPal is ignoring this fact. And again I ask which you failed to address, why is PayPal allowing this POS company to continue scamming people? SO unless you have anything useful to add to this conversation or have a solution to how we can ALL get our money back, please stop reminding us how we allowed ourselves to be scammed. 

Esteemed Advisor

Re: Storm Media Limited Scam

@Zee04 

I did read what you said.

Whether or not you get a refund via paypal OR what paypal should or should not do is irrelevant to my post above.

I gave advice on how to save folks getting scammed in the first place which for some reason you took exception to.

If even x1 person read that post and then didn't buy from a scam company then it was worth posting.

I couldn't care less about justifying what paypal should or should not do...I just post advice to try and stop the scams in the first place or should I have ignored this one just now as well?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/Help-with-identifying-whether-e-mail-is-from-PayPa...

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Re: Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

I placed an order for two items and when I hit complete order from pay pal this company had added two items to my order that I had not even viewed much less ordered. I tried to cancel the order through pay pal but found that I was not able to so I have had to file a complaint and demand a refund of my money.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Contributor

All I can say is that you will not get any joy out of PayPal as it appears they are in cahoots with Storm media and they treat PayPal users as idiots and you will probably not get a refund
Tags (1)
Contributor

I found a transaction on my paypal for this company that I don’t recognise and don’t recall ordering or receiving anything from them. 

Contributor

@STORM MEDIA LIMITED - BIG SCAM

This is the message I sent PayPal when I opened the dispute:

"On 4/19/2019 I ordered 3 bras from ad displayed in my Facebook newsfeed. I received several emails from THE VIRAL BEST company confirming the order and advising it was being packed to ship. That was on 4/22/2019. I had no idea this was shipping from China - and now I see the seller email listed on my PayPal account is different from the actual emails I have received. STORM MEDIA LIMITED is on my PayPal transaction but yet, VIRAL BEST is what is on the ad and the emails sent to me. I did write to inquire about order on 5/20 and received email from Viral Best that they were checking up on it. I sent a second email on 5/22 - and as of today, 5/25 I have not received any further replies. I tried attaching a copy of each email, but they are all EML files and won't save to your Resolution page. I would like to have my monies refunded by PayPal, as it has been over a month since I placed initial order."

As of today 6/11/2019 at 10:45PM I STILL have NOT received the order - and after scrolling thru over 2000 complaints about this company (and their alter ego: THE VIRAL BEST - and others... it has become very clear to me that either i will receive something of poor quality and don't want, or never get it - even tho they did provide a tracking number that suddenly appeared on 6/3 (Where WAS this order from 4/19 to 6/3?????)

BUT what concerns me more is the fact that PayPal hasn't done anything about them - and hasn't stood by the buyer in a lot of cases. 

I am still waiting for PayPal to complete my Request for Resolution (they have till end of June).  But frankly I want my money back... not the crap from China. 

Here's hoping PayPal does the right thing for me.... will post the final results after 6/30.

Contributor

Re: @STORM MEDIA LIMITED - BIG SCAM

Hi I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a refund from storm media or PayPal to be honest as it appears that PayPal is in cahoots with this company as they appear to be chucking out all claims about this company and are ruling in favour of them all the time and not in favour of the PayPal so called buyers
Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: @STORM MEDIA LIMITED - BIG SCAM

Sorry to hear that you have been duped like the rest of us.  I started a complaint and the 2nd week I received an inferior product, like a child woud use but electrical, it was a flat iron. I tried to continue the complaint bc I didn't want to drop, I still felt I didn't receive the product I paid for.  Paypal said I received the item and droppedd my case. So I should of started a new complaint, but was just fed up. waisted 19 bucks. This was back in May.  And I saw a new advertisement, same video but different name and even higher price. This video is connected with a game app I use frequently,WordScapes that connects to facebook. If you received an inferior product start a new complaint. This is a huge scam Paypal,Facebook and these game apps must get something out of it, bc it has not been stopped even after all these complaints.

I got careless and failed to check customer reviews of this company before I ordered a $20 item on March 30. The seller gave me a non-working tracking number for Canada Post, and I'm in the U.S. After repeated attempts to get them to ship the item I filed a complaint with PayPal. Just today, June 15, there is a working tracking number which says the item has been accepted for shipment in China. It remains to be seen whether I'll actually receive anything, and whether the quality will be so poor as to make the item useless. Worst experience I've ever had ordering anything online in about 15 or 20 years.

New Community Member

I am also having trouble with fraud with this company. 

I began an order through them, but discontinued the order before confirming that I wanted to pay them. Therefore, the order should not have gone through. They still charged my paypal. I filed a dispute through paypal,  and now instead of dealing with the issue at hand (that they charged me without my permission), paypal is making them send me a product that I did not want and did not agree to pay for. 

The company should be disbanded from paypal for their fraudulent activity.