cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Contributor

Re: Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Had the same problem was only browsing the site and found that they had made 2 withdrawals on my PayPal I tried to cancel with PayPal and reported it as an unauthorised transaction and PayPal ruled it was authorised so haven’t got a clue what that’s all about I tried to reopen the dispute because I managed to cancel the supposed order but no refund they keep fobbing me off with it takes 15-20 days to go back into my PayPal lcan’t understand why if they can take it straight out they should be able to pay it straight back in , tried to reopen the dispute with PayPal and all I get are stupid messages saying to contact the company ,just a complete and utter waste of time .
Highlighted
Contributor

Had the same problem was only browsing the site and found that they had made 2 withdrawals on my PayPal I tried to cancel with PayPal and reported it as an unauthorised transaction and PayPal ruled it was authorised so haven’t got a clue what that’s all about I tried to reopen the dispute because I managed to cancel the supposed order but no refund they keep fobbing me off with it takes 15-20 days to go back into my PayPal lcan’t understand why if they can take it straight out they should be able to pay it straight back in , tried to reopen the dispute with PayPal and all I get are stupid messages saying to contact the company ,just a complete and utter waste of time .
Tags (1)
Contributor

And when I contacted PayPal they said I had to wait 30 days before I can place a dispute. I tried to email them several times and every time I get an undeliverable message.
Contributor

I'm still waiting for my order 4783-9142-1709-4314 please refund my money
Esteemed Advisor

@Kgill212 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Hi This does not solve my problem as PayPal closed the dispute so I cannot reopen it now cos when I try it gives me reply’s from robots with general answers to similar questions as they don’t want to keep people waiting for answers .and I’ve done what they suggested but got no response from storm media .
Tags (1)
New Community Member

I was scammed too!! Same thing with the order history too. Makes me so mad!
Contributor

No delivery yet

Hello has anyone else had delivery issues with storm media limited? I ordered item through Facebook  info ad and hav,e not received it yet. Thanks 

Esteemed Advisor

Re: No delivery yet

@JrKrKrMr1965 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
Contributor

Fraudulent seller

I informed PayPal that I did not complete the checkout and the merchant forced the order through.  They denied my dispute, but I referenced this topic and told them that there are 117 pages of complaints that PayPal does nothing about and they looked it up, sounded concerned, and opened an investigation against the merchant.  Hopefully they really did and will stop allowing this to happen to their customers.  I ended up getting the dispute honored through my credit card company without question!