Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Frankie19
Contributor
Contributor
Had the same problem was only browsing the site and found that they had made 2 withdrawals on my PayPal I tried to cancel with PayPal and reported it as an unauthorised transaction and PayPal ruled it was authorised so haven’t got a clue what that’s all about I tried to reopen the dispute because I managed to cancel the supposed order but no refund they keep fobbing me off with it takes 15-20 days to go back into my PayPal can’t understand why if they can take it straight out they should be able to pay it straight back in , tried to reopen the dispute with PayPal and all I get are stupid messages saying to contact the company ,just a complete and utter waste of time .
Login to Me Too

Frankie19
Contributor
Contributor
Had the same problem was only browsing the site and found that they had made 2 withdrawals on my PayPal I tried to cancel with PayPal and reported it as an unauthorised transaction and PayPal ruled it was authorised so haven’t got a clue what that’s all about I tried to reopen the dispute because I managed to cancel the supposed order but no refund they keep fobbing me off with it takes 15-20 days to go back into my PayPal lcan’t understand why if they can take it straight out they should be able to pay it straight back in , tried to reopen the dispute with PayPal and all I get are stupid messages saying to contact the company ,just a complete and utter waste of time .
Login to Me Too

Frankie19
Contributor
Contributor
Had the same problem was only browsing the site and found that they had made 2 withdrawals on my PayPal I tried to cancel with PayPal and reported it as an unauthorised transaction and PayPal ruled it was authorised so haven’t got a clue what that’s all about I tried to reopen the dispute because I managed to cancel the supposed order but no refund they keep fobbing me off with it takes 15-20 days to go back into my PayPal lcan’t understand why if they can take it straight out they should be able to pay it straight back in , tried to reopen the dispute with PayPal and all I get are stupid messages saying to contact the company ,just a complete and utter waste of time .
Login to Me Too

Sermonator
New Community Member

I clicked through a Facebook ad about a "universal" phone holder for the car, and before I confirmed I even wanted the item, processed my payment. It showed up on PayPal as Storm Media Limited. Only after I tried to get PayPal to help me force them to accept a return of the item for a refund, I was given a HONG KONG address for the return, although the package was sent from a UNITED STATES address: TOM <removed>, Modern Boutique INC, <removed>, City of Industry, CA 91789. 

Scammy. Lesson learned. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sermonator 

Always best to check 2 things when you buy from a website or Facebook etc.

1. If they have no actual contact phone number and only a webmail contact address then thats the first warning sign.

2. If they have 0 return shipping address listed on their site.

A company may have lots of depots in various countries for despatch of goods but return of goods may go to a central depot in another country so buyer beware.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zee04
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, well a little too late for many of us. I don't think we are here to see you telling us how we should have avoided being scammed, the bottom line is we buy through PayPal because I thought, and correct me if I'm wrong, but that PayPal offered protection from seller fraud. So, many of us are writing about how we got ripped off and PayPal refuses to do anything about it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zee04 

Well the fact you were scammed has nothing to do with me HOWEVER I posted the advice so others 'may' see it and avoid the same pitfalls.

This forum is for advice so excuse me if I am wrong....I posted some.

May be too late for you so open a dispute or do a chargeback but that should not prevent me and others posting advice on how NOT to get scammed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bowielover-62
New Community Member
Just the other day, I was looking at their astrologcal ring that popped up. I was interested in purchasing it, and had started out clicking on PayPal. Suddenly I decided not to purchase it, and signed out of PayPal. Much to my surprise, the charge is showing up in my bank account!
Login to Me Too

Baileyj1972
Contributor
Contributor
And when I contacted PayPal they said I had to wait 30 days before I can place a dispute. I tried to email them several times and every time I get an undeliverable message.
Login to Me Too

Kgill212
Contributor
Contributor
I'm still waiting for my order 4783-9142-1709-4314 please refund my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.