Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Jolanda1963
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe we should join together and send an e-mail to Paypal ????
Login to Me Too

melnicstan
Contributor
Contributor

I feel like you're reading my mind. I had the SAME THING happen - I didn't like the shipping charge, I didn't complete the transaction, I received an email about 'my order'.

I emailed Storm Media's shell company GOAT to cancel the order. The customer service person tried to convince me to accept a discount and refund of postage, but I asked for the cancellation and refund, and a few days later I got a shipping confirmation! I came to this forum and basically realised that I have no recourse through Paypal, only through my bank. Now I am very, very cautious about Facebook ads. 

So I've stopped using Paypal if I can enter my credit card details. At least I know my bank will back me up. Even when my PayPal login has been convenient or pre-entered, I just don't feel safe anymore. I don't suppose Paypal much cares that I've stopped using their service, I'm just one little customer. Why worry about a few disgruntled customers when there's another sucker born every minute?

Login to Me Too

mandylu781
New Community Member

On April 20th I received a paypal receipt on an order I purchased through Storm Media. 

Money won't leave your account until Storm Media Limited processes your order. 

I have yet to hear back from them! I'm not seeing it on my paypal account either. Is this a scam!?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @mandylu781,

Welcome to our Community! 

I am sorry to see you have had this issue with the merchant. You can read up on possible false email here

Normally, such an order will appear on your PayPal activity but in some cases, if the payment was made using our Guest services is will not appear. A guest payment is where you do not log in to Paypal directly but the merchants use PayPal to process debit or credit card payments. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

jcmansu
Contributor
Contributor
APRIL 14TH AND MAY 21ST FOR BRAS THAT WILL NEVER COME, I DID ORDER ON APRIL 14TH, THEY REFUSE TO REFUND OR GIVE TRACKING NUMBER, MAY 21ST IS FRAUDULENT CHARGE. THEY ARE A SCAM
Login to Me Too

Lauri09
Contributor
Contributor

I have not received the bras I ordered. The company has reached out to tell me my discounts could not be applied. I tried to cancel my ordered and I still have not received the credit or the bras. LauriReynolds 

Login to Me Too

Ash1227
New Community Member
I ordered some April 27th and never received anything either.
Login to Me Too

Ally1994
How did u get ahold of them? My bras are missing also.
Login to Me Too

Jamesdeshields
New Community Member
I placed an order with storm media limited paid 35 dollars never saw my product or any emails giving updates on product. How do I dispute this charge?
Login to Me Too

ronbonc
Contributor
Contributor

The only help I got was from my credit card company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.