Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

19amy82
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! I had no idea I was truly dealing with a bonafide shyster!

I was lured into buying magically drain cleaning crystals I saw advertised in Instgram from a site called "Make Goodies," which turns out is also this Storm Media Limited. The same thing happened to me, in the fact that I did not confirm the purchase, but it happened anyway... I actually looked over that, which looking back now, was a huge mistake.

Fast forward to about 5 weeks later the product arrived and it was NOT what I ordered. What I ordered was in English. What I got was in Chinese and even the bottles were shaped differently. Of course when I asked for a refund, it was a patronizing no that I was given. I tried going to Storm Media through Paypal to no avail, so now I have Paypal looking into directly. I want my money back. I can't use this junk. I don't know what's in it. I don't even know how to dispose of it properly. This is a fradulent seller, and they need to be shut down!

I would have never ordered the product that was shipped to me, and I won't stop until I get a refund.

Login to Me Too

nancy42
Contributor
Contributor
My piece of crap 30 night lights arrived today. 4 1/2 months after I ordered. They are completely useless plastic. I would complain to PayPal, but they are completely useless. Time to move on from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Mydogriley14
New Community Member

My husband Joseph <removed> went through Pay Pal & we sent for a product on line from a Company called Fancyzone & you paid StormMedia Limited $27.53 for Silicone Hammer Toe Corrector x 2. April 4th 2019 & you paid them on April 8 The product never came. Please help us. Thankyou  Rita <removed> 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mydogriley14 

Storm Media is based Hong Kong/China so it takes a while (a few to 4-5 weeks possibly) for delivery. You have 180 days to file Item Not Received dispute though so allow ample time for delivery.  To file, locate the payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Negs
Contributor
Contributor
My item was received ONLY after a dispute was filed in resolution center. It’s a piece of JUNK and not item described when I purchased. PayPal closed the case because item was delivered 6 weeks later. PayPal is well aware of the complaints yet they do not shut down the scammer company! Fraud all around.
Login to Me Too

christina30694
Contributor
Contributor

They also go under the name City Odyssey. I ordered 2 bags from them and it wasn't doing exactly what the pictures showed. They say in the refund policy that you have 30 days to request refund for any reason and even though i did from the second day, the are not letting me return the items for a refund. I have opened a claim with PP so lets see... 

Login to Me Too

PMH
Contributor
Contributor
I have also just discovered a charge for $77.22 from Storm Media which I did not authorize. I have notified my bank. This is so annoying!!
Login to Me Too

Janet2123
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get my money back from Storm Media. Their product does not work. They have not responded to any of my emails. Paypal will not let me file another dispute with them

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janet2123 

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if your card issuer will help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JohnSP
Contributor
Contributor

Made a purchase from these crooks in US dollars as advertised. A few days later my account shows a "Foreign Transaction Fee". No way will I pay this hidden fee! Never mentioned on their site that they would charge this fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.